AKG K240 vs K242?
Sep 26, 2008 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

stuge(original)

100+ Head-Fier
Hi again ,

Has anybody here has tried both of these ?How are they .Specially the new compared to the K240 .

I want to know in terms of sound quality .

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #2 of 3
Technically it's the same headphone except for the velour. So you may look for every experience reports about K240s with AKGs velour pads.

All I can say is that I didn't like the K240S. But since I borrowed some headphones from AKG for a test anyway I let them send a K242HD as well. And what should I say, I'm pretty impressed - without A/Bing. Good headphone! It's just not really up to the "high class" headphones (I consider these DT880, HD650, K701, AD2K etc).
Strong, but far from overwhelming, bass with sweet, slightly bright midrange and crisp heights. I like it for listening to music in the background when I'm doing something else like homeworks or playing games. It's lush and uninvolving at low volumes but can really rock when turned up only a bit more.

The comfort is OK, the pad's are a little small. They rest on my earlobes and start to annoy after a while; due to the pressure.
And I really like the appearance..."new khaki" seems to become popular!

ATM I'm thinking about getting one...I'm just still looking for a justification for that headphone in my collection.
tongue.gif

m00h

Users who are viewing this thread

Back