AKG K240 Studio Headphones
Apr 4, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
I do like the E11, seems good. But it is twice the size of my Sansa Clip+! Now I'm having trouble deciding..

Heh, that Sansa Clip+ IS super tiny...

Honestly, I sometimes use my K240 straight from my iPod touch 2 gen. and, I can tell it's not at its full potential, but it's at least 60-70% there. That's usually good enough for me if I'm not in my studio or at home.

Perhaps get the E6 and E11 and see if the difference between the E11 + K240 is much more than the K240 alone. Then try the K240 + E6 and see how that compares to the K240 + E11. If the differences aren't enough to justify keeping the E6, then return it! But, if you find yourself content with the E6's power to the k240 and are willing to sacrifice some boost that the E11 provides to get the portability the E6 provides, then go for it.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #17 of 23

Honestly, I sometimes use my K240 straight from my iPod touch 2 gen. and, I can tell it's not at its full potential, but it's at least 60-70% there. That's usually good enough for me if I'm not in my studio or at home.

Perhaps get the E6 and E11 and see if the difference between the E11 + K240 is much more than the K240 alone. Then try the K240 + E6 and see how that compares to the K240 + E11. If the differences aren't enough to justify keeping the E6, then return it! But, if you find yourself content with the E6's power to the k240 and are willing to sacrifice some boost that the E11 provides to get the portability the E6 provides, then go for it.

I do like the sound of that, thanks for the advice.
And guess what happened yesterday, I'm walking listening to my Clip. The song finishes, and it turned off one final time. Never turned on again! Got my new on though and am returning the broken one, I had it for 5 days! The only thing that ever happened was it dropped from like 4 feet but it didn't do anything.
I hope it doesn't happen again.

Apr 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #18 of 23

And guess what happened yesterday, I'm walking listening to my Clip. The song finishes, and it turned off one final time. Never turned on again! Got my new on though and am returning the broken one, I had it for 5 days! The only thing that ever happened was it dropped from like 4 feet but it didn't do anything.

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Man, idk about you, but I'd be pathetically sad without an MP3 player as it's the sole reason I can bear through my to/from commute during hellish traffic as well as getting homework done! As a music junkie, I'm glad to hear you got the new one!

Anyway... whatever amp you decide to go with (or if you buy both and do a test), post your results or shoot me a PM and let me know what ended up happening? I'm always curious how things turn out for someone else, since headphones are extensively YMMV territory. 
size]

I also just remembered that if you get E11, it SHOULD come with a silicone wrist band like this (http://www.greatwristbands.com/images/rubber_wri.gif) but in black, and you can just wrap it around the E11 and clip your Clip to the band. If not, eBay or Amazon sells them for pennies and nickels. It's rough, but it's a way to keep it all together lol. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #20 of 23
Man, idk about you, but I'd be pathetically sad without an MP3 player as it's the sole reason I can bear through my to/from commute during hellish traffic as well as getting homework done! As a music junkie, I'm glad to hear you got the new one!

Anyway... whatever amp you decide to go with (or if you buy both and do a test), post your results or shoot me a PM and let me know what ended up happening? I'm always curious how things turn out for someone else, since headphones are extensively YMMV territory. 
size]

I also just remembered that if you get E11, it SHOULD come with a silicone wrist band like this (http://www.greatwristbands.com/images/rubber_wri.gif
) but in black, and you can just wrap it around the E11 and clip your Clip to the band. If not, eBay or Amazon sells them for pennies and nickels. It's rough, but it's a way to keep it all together lol. 

Oops it seems I double posted, didn't realize.
I was a bit distraught that it went out that quickly but amazon promptly shipped a new one with one day shipping.
And hey, if it works don't fix it is what I always say.
As soon as I can get both amps and test em out I'll let you know what I think of them.
The head-fi community has been so helpful! Thanks all of you.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:
The 142's are actually more like supra-aural than circum-aural ( sits on ear, not around), so in terms of comfort, I would say it was a wise choice based on my standards. But I do have rather large ears...

Otherwise, I could easily recommend K240's for a person new to headphones. It has a little shine in the treble, and has enough bass/mid-bass to keep most satisfied and a few annoyed.

I would say great for hip-hop, dance, general electronica ( if you get what I'm saying). However, I personally dislike it for metal because of the mid-bass, but a good all-rounder nonetheless.

The K240s are definitely great for electronic, disco and funk music. Though I don't listen to metal, they were pretty good for a Foo Fighters I was listening to. 

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:
Anybody know if there is a noticeable difference between the Studio and the MK II?

Other than the MKII being a different color, having two sets of pads(one pleather and one velour) and two sets of cables(straight and coiled) no there isn't a difference between the two. If they are close in price to each other, say the MKII being like around $20-30 more, I would get the MKIIs, if the Studio is a lot cheaper being $30+ less than the MKII, go with the Studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back