AKG K240 MKII + Fiio E10 ... worth it?
Sep 9, 2013 at 7:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

LoreC

New Head-Fier
Hello!

My brother would like something good to use daily for listening to music with his laptop. Genres are mostly death and black metal...
I was thinking about the Fiio E10 + AKG K240 MKII combination, as it seems to fit in his 200 EUR budget.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #2 of 10
bassheads may not like K240 MKii. But I like it. how about HD 558?
however, E10 is worth for what you pay.

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #3 of 10
Ok, thanks for the suggestion!
(semi-OT: how do you set the volume using that FiiO E10? I see it has a knob, how does it interact with the Windows audio control? I personally use a HeadStreamer and it's all done via software)

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 10
I set the volume to maximum in foobar (equalizer disabled) and also in windows task bar.
I change the bass, treble and volume in E17.

I guess, E10 has bass boost switch and volume knob, you can control the volume by turning the knob.

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 10
  Ok, thanks for the suggestion!
(semi-OT: how do you set the volume using that FiiO E10? I see it has a knob, how does it interact with the Windows audio control? I personally use a HeadStreamer and it's all done via software)

It's considered better to set the source's volume (Win PC) to as high as possible and use the external amplifier's volume control (E10's volume knob).

I have the K242HD's, think I paid around $118 for then, decent price and I think they make good music headphones, but not a lot of bass.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 10
  It's considered better to set the source's volume (Win PC) to as high as possible and use the external amplifier's volume control (E10's volume knob).

I have the K242HD's, think I paid around $118 for then, decent price and I think they make good music headphones, but not a lot of bass.

I have bought K240 MKii two weeks ago, I am happy about these phones. They are very comfortable to wear and suitable for long listening sessions (so I prefer not too much bass).

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #7 of 10
Hey, I have my pair of K240 MKII since a while now and I don't think it lacks bass. I use it with a Stereo Integrated Amplifier by Technic(SU-500) and I fully control it over there.
Considering to buy an amp along with the headphones is highly recommended by me because it gives the headphones more impact and improves the overall sound signature as far as I can tell.

Nov 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #9 of 10
I don't know if you're still taking in suggestions or not, but I hope this helps.
I own a pair of k240 MKII and powering it with a e10. I think it'll fit him very well, though you might want to use the extra bass on the e10, as the k240 is on the lighter side. The two work together very well. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #10 of 10
I've had two pairs of K240s for going on 10 years, and I'd agree that the bass isn't huge; however, I feel like they're not so much light in the bass as they are flat.  I'm looking at amps and amp/dac combos to give these as well as my HFI-780s more power.  Fiio certainly looks promising bang-for-buck wise, and the E10 is especially affordable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back