AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Dec 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #1,021 of 1,489
Quote:
Just EQ'd mids a bit and now vocals sound sooooo good!! Much better than flat EQ. ; )

You can now raise your rating from 10 to 15.
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,022 of 1,489
They are really impressive. I think alpha10's thought they sound as good as the K267's, because it's really difficult to hear something that sounds better than this. This is very high level of fidelity.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #1,023 of 1,489
You can now raise your rating from 10 to 15.:wink:

Actually, I brought my K167s to one of our local headphone meets today. There were two people who tried them and within two minutes handed them back to me, as they were not their cup of tea. One individual had the AKG Q701, and just preferred to keep that model as opposed to trying to sell them, then move to the K167, which would not have been an upgrade in his case.

This all just points to the fact that we all have pretty significant desires or likes towards various products and sounds. The information I try to post here regarding my own likes are hopefully not of the tone to encourage everyone to have a sip of the Kool-Aid then run out and by the K167 because they appeal to me. :wink: :cool:

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #1,024 of 1,489
They are really impressive. I think alpha10's thought they sound as good as the K267's, because it's really difficult to hear something that sounds better than this. This is very high level of fidelity.

I can appreciate your love for the Tiesto. But, it does not mean all the others here will be taken in by the sound as well as you may. For myself, as a fellow K167 owner, I'm even starting to wonder if you don't work for AKG for the Harman companies (?) :D

There. I said it. Many were probably thinking it, but I was able to get it out. :cool:

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #1,027 of 1,489
Quote:
To all the K167 lovers in this thread, what kind of music do you primarily listen to?

Would they be a good fit for Metal?  Particularly Doom, Sludge, Grindcore, etc...

How about Acoustic Jazz?

I love them for Metal. I don't listen to acoustic jazz, but jazz/nu jazz, where they perform very very well.

Dec 15, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #1,033 of 1,489
Tino, Apparently depending the size of your head, it may be difficult to get a seal on the k550 which will then affect bass response and isolation. K167 sounds very detailed and far and away above its price range. The k267 may allegedly have less isolation but I have a feeling those bass boosters will come in handy and will be of high quality.

In the end it's up to you to make a decision. You can always buy and sell off the FS thread if a certain can is not for you ultimately.

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #1,035 of 1,489
Quote:
Actually, I brought my K167s to one of our local headphone meets today. There were two people who tried them and within two minutes handed them back to me, as they were not their cup of tea. One individual had the AKG Q701, and just preferred to keep that model as opposed to trying to sell them, then move to the K167, which would not have been an upgrade in his case.
This all just points to the fact that we all have pretty significant desires or likes towards various products and sounds. The information I try to post here regarding my own likes are hopefully not of the tone to encourage everyone to have a sip of the Kool-Aid then run out and by the K167 because they appeal to me.
wink.gif
cool.gif

For me, it makes no sense to draw any conclusion whether good or bad after 2 minutes of listening.After
getting accustomed to a favorite sound signature, anything different will sound a bit off at first.

Yes. I haven't met a headphone i would call a 10 so when i see someone giving anything a perfect rating i know what comes next.
People will get these, expecting a headphone that can grow Tiesto wings and sonically go where no headphone has gone before,
for under $200. Preferences aside, i think these are standout headphone for being able to do so many things right without glaring faults.
We expected DJ headphones and got something much more detailed and well rounded that can hit you with a good dose of bass when its called upon,
never overdone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back