AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #271 of 1,489
I just sent AKG an email and that picture.  I'll see what they have to say.  Told them they should consider revising that part.  They have an amazing sound product right here, but it should be more durable.  It's why I buy DJ headphones in the first place, for the durabiltiy  I thought that the polymer was going to be much stronger than that, but maybe it's just too thin,

I can't get a replacement/swap right now because I'm in the process of moving and it won't get to me in time.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #272 of 1,489
I'd say E17, but I'm biased. I love my little E17. 
Quote:
thanks.  so do these need an amp?  if so, which would you recommend between the e6, e11, e17?
id prefer the lowest cost i could get away with and actually improve sound.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #275 of 1,489
Quote:
E11 = E17 (SQ wise)

Yes, from what I have read. I've only used the E17.
Quote:
If you want just an amp, then the amp section of the E11 is atleast as good as the E17 if not better FWIR. However the E17 is a very multipurpose gadget and also has a DAC.

It's nice to have a DAC as well. It means you can turn your laptop into a music player as well. Also, E17 has full bass and treble controls, not just a bass boost like the E11. You can actually add or subtract bass or treble in 2db increments, not just boost bass. It's a very nice all aluminum unit as well. I really like mine a lot.

Nov 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #276 of 1,489
I don't want to look like I'm promoting these phones or something (lol), but I'm listening to some Lounge/Chill House Album (Nasseau Beach Club Ibiza - Islands Balearic CD1 & CD2) and the bass is sooooooo deep!!! Oh-so-deep...!! I'm wow'ed. Bass is TIGHT, deeeeeep, detailed, treble resolution is excelent, mids are so clear, soundstage is beautiful, great separation... oh well, what  else can one expect for 230€? Money well spent. Best sounding phones I've had.

Ok, I won't talk about these phones again (or I'll try to) :p

Bye
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #277 of 1,489
Quote:
I don't want to look like I'm promoting these phones or something (lol), but I'm listening to some Lounge/Chill House Album (Nasseau Beach Club Ibiza - Islands Balearic CD1 & CD2) and the bass is sooooooo deep!!! Oh-so-deep...!! I'm wow'ed. Bass is TIGHT, deeeeeep, detailed, treble resolution is excelent, mids are so clear, soundstage is beautiful, great separation... oh well, what  else can one expect for 230€? Money well spent. Best sounding phones I've had.

Ok, I won't talk about these phones again (or I'll try to) :p

Bye
biggrin.gif

Whats actually wrong with them? There has to be something, right?

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #278 of 1,489
Since I'm a basshead a bit more bass would be welcome. Thats all. I think I'm looking for perfection, the dream phone, thats why I want to sell them to buy  the K267s. But if there were no K267s I would be happy with these for the rest of my days :p

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #279 of 1,489
 I'm really trying to find something about the sound that I don't like, but I got nothing.  Usually after having a headphone for a few days I can find something, but I don't have anything. :O
The other day when I was using these while shopping, I was listening to this, and I was like HOLY FAAAAAAAAACK.  Tears started coming out.  I had to leave the store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWHyTYoiv4

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #280 of 1,489
Quote:
 I'm really trying to find something about the sound that I don't like, but I got nothing.  Usually after having a headphone for a few days I can find something, but I don't have anything. :O
The other day when I was using these while shopping, I was listening to this, and I was like HOLY FAAAAAAAAACK.  Tears started coming out.  I had to leave the store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrWHyTYoiv4

WOW!!!
eek.gif

Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #281 of 1,489
so, do these feel cheap? i know they sound good, but that crack has me somewhat worried.  and damn, the lack of detachable cable has me hesitant to pull the trigger.  i just cant wait for the k267, nor do i want to pay $300-350.  

hmm...

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #282 of 1,489
so, do these feel cheap? i know they sound good, but that crack has me somewhat worried.  and damn, the lack of detachable cable has me hesitant to pull the trigger.  i just cant wait for the k267, nor do i want to pay $300-350.  

hmm...

Hmm well the earpads are of a really nice material and the padding under the headband is grippy against your hair. The earcups feel really solid and don't "klok klok" like hollow curved earcups. I think those ridges on the earcup actually help prevent flexing and vibrating because it is really hard. There is no squeaks or creaks when you shake your head because it's snug.

I think the cable is the perfect length, even when portable. Sometimes a detachable cable sucks if it's the kind that uses the smaller 2.5mm jack with a quarter turn to lock. I rage when the sound cuts in and out just from moving your head. I prefer a threaded connector like on the PRO700MK2.

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #284 of 1,489
Quote:
I asked AKG how the K167 related to the settings on K267 soundwise, and they responded that the K167 sounds "[size=10pt]rather between "club" and "Stage" ...[/size]

Good info! Thanks for sharing. Depending on who answered the info might or might not be accurate but if it is then probably K267 won't be THAT much bassier  in the "stage" mode then but probably just where I want it to be personally, ie. basshead-esque bass levels but not extreme levels, what miow and me wants. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back