AKG K145 , any good?
Dec 14, 2007 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blackmore

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wonder if anyone have ever tried them. What do you think of them then?

They are electorstatic/dynamic or something like that.

Anything close to AKG K340?

THX

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 4
I less-than three my K145. But that guy selling his K145/S on ebay is on crack if he thinks it's worth 115eu.

Edit: Ahh, I see he's dropped the price to 99 euro. He started out at 150 euro a couple weeks ago. I paid 12 euro for my K145, and i am aware of NOS pairs that can be had for about 80usd.

But yes, it was the supra-aural successor to the K340. The electret is smaller and more efficient, and the construction is far simpler. They use a dynamic driver that is very similar to the K141-style driver used in the K240 and K340 series, but at 400 ohms rather than the 600 ohms in the K141 and K240 or 640 ohms in the K340.

The K145 was among the most ambitious and worst selling products AKG ever released. They are, in fact, still bitter about it.

As I've implied, there are two versions of the K145 - the regular version has a plastic headband with a nylon strap, the /S version has a wire headband with a vinyl strap. They are otherwise identical.

The much rarer K4, which looks like a devious ear incineration device, has a foldable plastic frame, but again the same driver module. The only K4 I've ever seen belongs to head-fi member Tyre.

Now, here's the rub - I like the way my K145 sounds, but was modded by whoever owned it before i did. The earpads are very different from stock, in a way that certainly changes the sound. If you use the search feature, you'll see pics of my K145.

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Wow, thanks man, very informative.
And yes, I have seen pics of them and yes, I have seen Ebay, which sells 145S version of them.
O.k. clear now, I do not think I will be pulling EUR 100 for them anyway, was just interested because of electrostatic/dynamic combination.

Once again, thanks.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 4
Great detail I love them. No, they are not "basshead" phones, but I don't care because I can hear more things clearly--even mastering mistakes. (Fun fact, I pad rolled them into over ear headphones, added a bit of soundstage too.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back