AKG K1000s on sale
Jul 21, 2005 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

styler

100+ Head-Fier
www.elusivedisc.com has the killer AKG TOTL earspeakers on sale (10% off everything right now). i've always found them to be a great source, theyve got a killer selection of headphone amps too. all their grados are on sale too. i think i'm going to get me the AKG K1000s, can someone recommend a killer amp that they have in stock?
choices:
Creek
Aural
Lehmann
Grado

anyone with the K1000s and amp combo they love? also considering the TOTL grados but have never auditioned them.... check out their site, good deals on tunes too!
k1000smile.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 8
All I see is the AKG K1000's for $849. Minus 10% of that is no sale. Call Todd the Vinyl Junkie for better, and he'll probably recommend an amp to go with them too.

Jul 21, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by styler
www.elusivedisc.com has the killer AKG TOTL earspeakers on sale (10% off everything right now). i've always found them to be a great source, theyve got a killer selection of headphone amps too. all their grados are on sale too. i think i'm going to get me the AKG K1000s, can someone recommend a killer amp that they have in stock?
choices:
Creek
Aural
Lehmann
Grado

anyone with the K1000s and amp combo they love? also considering the TOTL grados but have never auditioned them.... check out their site, good deals on tunes too!
k1000smile.gif

Hi Styler,

Go to eBay, AKG headphones. Sort, starting with the highest price first. The first listing is for a brand new, manufacture-sealed, never used, pair of K-1000's. The opening bid is for $639.95 and a Buy-It-Now price of $649.95. The seller, chcmng, has a 100% positive feedback rating.

They are very reputable. I bought my pair from them a little over a year ago, before the price increase, and paid $475.00! They are also selling the K-501's for $139.95.

Happy listening!
GRod

I just remembered your question about a suitable amp. I've been driving my K-1000's with the Antique Sound Lab MG Head DT/OTL 32. It is a tubed, combination preamp and headphone amp. It was designed, in part, to drive the K-1000's, as it has the K-1000, 4-pin XLR outlet to accept the K-1000's 4-pin XLR male plug that the K-1000's are terminated with. It also has the standard 1/4" headphone plug outlet.

I know that in some of these threads there have been some discussions about reliability problems with Antique Sound Lab amps. I've had mine for over a year and have never had any problems whatsoever.

The amp is available from AudioAdvisor.com in Michigan. I think it's currently selling for $695.00. Occasionally, they have 10% off sales too. I've done alot of business with AudioAdvisor over the years, and I can wholeheartedly recommend them. You won't find anybody better to do business with.

Jul 21, 2005 at 7:54 AM Post #6 of 8
I heard the K1000 for the first time 3 weeks ago at a headphone meet in Hong Kong. A solid-state DIY and an Antique Sound Lab amp (don't remember model number) were used to power 2 pairs of K1000.

The K1000 sounded amazing with both amps.

EDIT: If the pictures bother anyone let me know and I'll take them down.

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Jul 21, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #7 of 8
elusive disc gave me the AKG K1000 haedphones for 649! thats not a bad deal and i got the aural auditions headphone amp for them too, for a great deal. the nice thing about them is you know its not grey market stuff. i've been burned on ebay too many times and i like the fact that i can buy headphones from the guy that can call the head of AKG if there's a problem. they were really helpful and if 649 was more than i would have paid from a budget site, i'd bet i get better service and support if ever needed. plus,
k1000smile.gif
i haggled and got them to throw in a free blue tofu cd!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back