AKG K1000 successor: Give me details!
Sep 21, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #16 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give it a flat frequency response from the 60-20HZ region and update it's 80s styling!
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Perhaps they could scoop up that last bit of bass. But the styling is just fine with me.

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #17 of 114
Now I am excited!
Cause a K1000 successor sounds really interesting, as they are one of the top marked dynamic headphones around here.

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #19 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps they could scoop up that last bit of bass. But the styling is just fine with me.

The lack of bass is what killed it for me....I'd rather have a good set of speakers. Symphonies don't sound right to my ears ......but I guess it's like any headphone: with just the right mix of enthusiasm in phone, tinkering with source gear, hours of evaluating recordings, and the physics of one's own ear......it is some people's ultimate headphone. It has to be, as there are so many people here who are willing to wear an epitome of 80s styling!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
(light hearted joking here)

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #22 of 114
They actually have less bass than the ER4...

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #23 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K1000 lacking BASS? Thats new
confused.gif

You're joking right?? Cyber sarcasm gets lost in translation
icon10.gif
Read through every single thread/review of the k1000 and the main component that someone may not like about the k1000 is bass. I dunno if it's from difference of ears. The spacial imaging of the k1000 isn't as special to me as others find also...so it could be that since that effect isn't as strong with me, my ears also pick up less bass with its specially designed imaging. The things I don't like about the k1000 are easily remedied with a set of speakers. I don't mind headphone imaging if it gets me the frequency response I am after. But again, these are my preferences....to each his own.

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #24 of 114
Well, if you could put K1k inside your ears, they would blow your brains out, sure thing
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They actually have less bass than the ER4...

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #25 of 114
I can agree with that, no probs mate.
icon10.gif

Quote:

But again, these are my preferences....to each his own.

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #26 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can agree with that, no probs mate.
icon10.gif

icon10.gif
Great that we can voice our own opinions! But it would be an awesome poll to see what fans of the k1000 think of the design (real owners of the k1000 who have a positive bias to it). Headphones don't look sexy by nature.....to me, the k1000 certainly is one of the many that fit that category
icon10.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #27 of 114
The best thing of my K1000 setup is THE BASS. The K1000 is the hardest cans to sound right and their best... but when you arrive, you will not go back for any other headphones, just my experience...
I have (now) some monster bass cans as GS1000 and DX1000... but they do not touch my K1000. I said MY K1000, I had ten K1000 and all them sound different, some of them do not have an accettable bass (for example).

You can also read something here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258905

Nik

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #28 of 114
THX Nik.

However I do not own such K1000 set up like you do, but when I listen K1k with VERY GOOD RECORDING LIVE performances, its just can not get any better, you simply there with the band playing together. And they do not lack of anything, reproducing everything just like it is, WOW
k1000smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best thing of my K1000 setup is THE BASS. The K1000 is the hardest cans to sound right and their best... but when you arrive, you will not go back for any other headphones, just my experience...
I have (now) some monster bass cans as GS1000 and DX1000... but they do not touch my K1000. I said MY K1000, I had ten K1000 and all them sound different, some of them do not have an accettable bass (for example).

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #29 of 114
Nik and Blackmore,

I'm glad you guys found your audio nirvana with the K1000! I hope my opinions aren't taken personally.....as since I've joined this forum, I've come to the understanding that everyone just has different ears and preferences. IMO, that's what makes the characteristics in headphones just subtly different for everyone. For my own preferences/ears in seeking a balanced frequency/ adequate soundstage....I've found Sennheisers to be the best for my ears. But when I want a fun, colored headphone....I go for Grados. For whatever reason, AKGs don't do it for me personally. Obviously with the legions of AKG owners, this does not hold true for everyone. But I think because there are such differences in preference/ears....it just means good business for every headphone company
icon10.gif

Here's to having an open forum where while we might not share the same taste in headphones, we still share an interest in appreciating hi fi headphones!

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #30 of 114
PEACE
cool.gif

Quote:

Nik and Blackmore,

I'm glad you guys found your audio nirvana with the K1000! I hope my opinions aren't taken personally.....as since I've joined this forum, I've come to the understanding that everyone just has different ears and preferences. IMO, that's what makes the characteristics in headphones just subtly different for everyone. For my own preferences/ears in seeking a balanced frequency/ adequate soundstage....I've found Sennheisers to be the best for my ears. But when I want a fun, colored headphone....I go for Grados. For whatever reason, AKGs don't do it for me personally. Obviously with the legions of AKG owners, this does not hold true for everyone. But I think because there are such differences in preference/ears....it just means good business for every headphone company
icon10.gif

Here's to having an open forum where while we might not share the same taste in headphones, we still share an interest in hi fi headphones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back