AKG K1000 NEEDED badly, anyone can help!!
Jan 9, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 15
Keep an eye on the For Sale Forum here and eBay. Be sure to look around the foreign eBay sites - the K-1000 comes up all over the world.

When you get 50 posts and havebeen here a month, post a "Want to buy K-1000" thread in the Headphones For Sale Forum.

Keep at it - the K-1000 is wonderful.

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 15
You'd think with the potential demand for it that AKG would at least keep making them at some price. Was it the fact that they were entirely impractical and required a power amp (or a really bad-boy headphone amp) to drive that did them in?

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #4 of 15
I haven't been keeping up with Head-Fi for a while. What are the K-1000s going for now? I have a pair SN#10490 with (2)Stefan Audio connecting cables. Also have the original cable and box.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You'd think with the potential demand for it that AKG would at least keep making them at some price. Was it the fact that they were entirely impractical and required a power amp (or a really bad-boy headphone amp) to drive that did them in?

I think the official story was that the tooling had worn out and that the capital investment to replace it was more than the profits it brought in.

Though I think the market was saturated and it was a slow seller. Not too long before it was discontinued, the K-1000 went as low as $380 (IIRC).

They're not that impractical, either. Most people have a receiver or power amp around the house or can get one for $50. That's all you need to drive the K-1000. It sounds lethargic out of most headphone amps, but it really comes to life with adequate power.

Also, AKG killed off the K-1000 once before and brought it back. The HD-800 might just bring it back, especially if the HD-800 sells well and proves a market for the higher end. It'd take a few years to develop a competitor, so it would be faster and less expensive to tool up and bring the K-1000 back. The K-1000 has the advantage of being an established, well-regarded product, with a strong reputation.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpump /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't been keeping up with Head-Fi for a while. What are the K-1000s going for now? I have a pair SN#10490 with (2)Stefan Audio connecting cables. Also have the original cable and box.

I think that the going rate is around $1000 for just the phones, so more if they are recabled.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 15
Keep an eye with the FS forum and eBay Germany...
k1000smile.gif

Until you can post a WTB thread that is.

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #11 of 15
nice to see these down from $1300 for "shows signs of use"
biggrin.gif

i just may have to put these back into the "for consideration" list
wink.gif
gotta love a bad economy! (/me prays he doesnt lose his job)

Jan 13, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG K1000 NEEDED badly, anyone can help!!

Can't find it anywhere else.

Thank you

I am getting ready to post a pair for sale in the classified forum. PM me if you're interested.

Moderators. If this post is inappropriate, Please remove.

Jan 14, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #13 of 15
Audio23. Hope you get ahold of a pair.
Cause its a stunning pair of headphones ('speakers) and absolutely worth trying out.

Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #15 of 15
Judging from his one post and recent registration, this is probably a post to get around the FS rules .. not to mention being posted in the wrong section.

Forgive me for being such a pessimist, but you overextended your hospitality, in my opinion =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back