AkG K 701 extensive review (in German)
Nov 1, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #2 of 102
Babelfish is our friend.
biggrin.gif

Here's the first post (somebody else can have a go at it, Babelfish gives me an error for the page - apparently audiophilese is difficult to translate
confused.gif
):

Hello of people, A few things to the K701.Wird perhaps a little longer, because the K701 in such a way without ist.Ich do not regard it a little as introduction comment meinerseits.Mit the resuming impressions can I then on it better construct. A few things to the K701 I had already mentioned in the HD53R Thread. The K701 has a very pleasant stretcher comfort, never also after hours annoyingly at the head, also no Druck.ich finds it optically succeeded, is however a taste thing. For the moment it gets into practice with to me, also under CD continuous operation to the Teil.Er is still at the beginning, which is called, which its diaphragms do not have yet loosening, around straight in the musical fine sense the end too receive-receiving this is already noticeable with more complex things, as for example 100 men choir occupation, than with three men Jazzbesetzung.Ich drives more clearly it at the HD53R.Mit it gives it a stimmiges Class A total concept off that harmoniert together in the best way. I would like to place also directly on KHV operated to speak kommen.AKG has K701 so made, which he does not have from the bass rather somewhat more softly appear not too much the good, but he the degree of a kind firm impulse, how one is it know here from the K1000 it somewhat more softiger hold-holding that will still separate will through bring in, but I believe, because of its tuning the bass at the end will be still easily more softiger, than with a K1000. This point would alone already be a reference to it, that can be done it to my estimate to into the trousers, if the K701 had as amplifier part from the Mid range bekommt.Chamix it already a little mentioned by its initial Eindruck.Die musical x-CAN line, or the small Creek becomes line here as suitable partner at the conclusion prove anyhow if one liked to have the complete quality of the K701. That needs very very much control, stability in the bass, otherwise he drifts easily off, i.e., he plays too soft with has one then a quite samtigen Bass.So suffers then also the blackness in bass.es remains with brown. Independently of the HD53R I recommend to everyone, with a correctly good Class A of heranzugehen.Es am always the problem, see one the 350, - euro with the K701, are naturally many in addition verelitet, because it fits also concerning the price, accordingly with the amplifier thereby each quantity of Potenzial on the distance will proceed only remain. If the K701 gets electronics the sense makes, then stimmts more auch.Er a detailed work will show, which reference status have with are already we at one point, where I notice completely clearly, which the K701 more has detail wealth, than my K1000.Der K1000 makes a still more expanded area, but the spaceacoustic detailed information is in the acoustic area with the K701 than with the K1000.Der K701 makes larger a freer area than for example the HD650 von Sennheiser.Auch more Ausdehnung.Nur a K1000 always in the point to the point will generally sit down, because simply konstrucktionsbedingt.Der K701 graduates better, sits the events more platzierter on the point than the K1000.Er plays also with more Aufloesung.Daher comes the impression with used CD's Dissolution more leichtfuessiger plays, or one notices somewhat sphericalally also, which the K1000 measured over an easily larger at drynesses ordered. Here it would be however absolutely Geschmack.Die leichtfuessige pace of the K701 fits in its Gesamtkonzept.Es disturbs nothing more dabei.Er plays somewhat fewer dryings, permits however thereby a deeper view into the details. I use, in order to plumb, like a KH with spatial impressions go around, always gladly photographs in the chamber-musical have one small areas taken usually, acoustically better reconstruct myself range there let leave small four men caper ensemble in a small area offer here very much Aufschluss.Es give with some labels very good photographs, where also on the basis the description can be reconstructed, how was taken up. D&G puts for example very much worth on it. No question, which K701 has more information, which unfolds as in such an area, than my K1000.Das is ready already fascinatingly, which here it would be offer-offering that also the point, where I it any longer do not missen like here must I AKG right give in their beschreibung.Es is a magnifying glass view of completely special kind, but so merged and loosely easily, it will never dissect or easy remains over dot no, when all dissolution completely clearly a casting. In this discipline the K701 makes also for more quality than a Audiotechnica AD2000.So filigran finely leaves me a AD2000 not completely in look in AD2000 however more bass volumes will offer, thus also more pressure from down will produce. The K701 this measure of Proportionierung again some of its fine spirit take therefore find I the AKG K701 tuning as gelungen.Ich wait to the diaphragms so fast are and loosely played, that the finally clear bass statement possible be-being that needs still. A dynamic giant would classify it not also not headphone to co-ordinate is always a difficult thingist it the one quite, is missing to the next otherwise somewhat I the K701 in such a way somewhere. It has a piece electrostatic Feinsinns.Das shows its fine illuminating of small more veraestelungen.Er bring along however nevertheless more volumes from down, than a Stax Signature.Die it has clear bass line at present yet with more complex does not happen, grows however and becomes from day to day its heights is clearly, highly detailed however never nervig.In that in the middle can it at present at most zeigen.Da gives it still already an unmistakable picture brought on the point, which sets it off from this preisklasse. In the sum of its quality it replaces to me means K1000, not in completely all sue, for the moment still would anyhow not-be still to earlyif he a piece more at firmness by bringing in gets, so that also more explanation gets and clear conclusion in the bass, is it for me small Perle.Dann I it gladly again approximately of mine K1000 to begin leave wait it off-excuses the longer lines. Love of greetings, Otwin

Nov 1, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 102
If I readen correctaten, das reviewer likens das K701 betterens than das K1000 for detailen and spatiousness, likenings its to an electrostaten. But bassen was found unt bit veak.

Nov 1, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 102
With all respect to linking an english site to a german site - because many readers are eager to 'hear' about the new AKG's - but this information is not readable for me.

I have read the whole thread in German because I am able to read this language and I think it is at the moment only readable in that language, not in an inadequate translation.

The person who is/was luckey enough to have an example of the AKG K701 has put very much effort in an extensive review. I can not evaluate the system within the review has taken place, so I can and will not validate his early findings. One thing is for sure, the AKG K701 was listened to in an early fase. So we have to wait for results when this example has some miles on it. I also am curious on its behaviour on other combinations of sources/headamps/music.

I think a linking to a german site is only justified when readers can read german language or that there is a quality translation, because the person who whrites it all down has very detailed opinions and deserves attention that is not distracted by inadequate translation.

Pieter.

Nov 1, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
If I readen correctaten, das reviewer likens das K701 betterens than das K1000 for detailen and spatiousness, likenings its to an electrostaten. But bassen was found unt bit veak.

LOL sounds like you invented the babelfish translator engine
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 3:36 PM Post #7 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra

LOL!
rs1smile.gif

Yeah, it seems the early impressions are they are a little bass shy.

Nov 1, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #8 of 102
I do not find that review very detailed, well written, well structured or anything like that :) Most reviews on hifi-forum.de are writting in that kind of quality. A few so called audophile enthusiasts spread their wisdom troughout the whole forum, without being asked for reference or any detailed comparisations or feedback.
Most of the times no discussions take place, everybody with a so called higher-end-system glorify what they just bought and let everybody know that it is audio-heaven.

95% of the other comments are how to repair 5$ coby headphones, what are the best headphones for playing gameboy or which headphone has more bass then my friends 36" car subwoofer...

but that is just my opionion
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
Yeah, it seems the early impressions are they are a little bass shy.

...but not as much as the K 501, and the bass is getting better with break-in, as the following posts show. Overall he thinks it is a clearly better headphone than the K 501 and even beats the K 1000 in the detail department.
biggrin.gif

peacesign.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #11 of 102
I think we can safely say that these are really good and certainly in a class with other top-grade dynamic cans. A new worthy contender in the targeted price segment (above HD650, but still <500€) is definitely welcome, given that choices there have been very limited so far here in ol' Europe.

Nov 1, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #12 of 102
if it ain't got bass, get outta my fass!
icon10.gif

Nov 1, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #15 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh
I do not find that review very detailed, well written, well structured or anything like that :) Most reviews on hifi-forum.de are writting in that kind of quality. A few so called audophile enthusiasts spread their wisdom troughout the whole forum, without being asked for reference or any detailed comparisations or feedback.
Most of the times no discussions take place, everybody with a so called higher-end-system glorify what they just bought and let everybody know that it is audio-heaven.

95% of the other comments are how to repair 5$ coby headphones, what are the best headphones for playing gameboy or which headphone has more bass then my friends 36" car subwoofer...

but that is just my opionion
smily_headphones1.gif

It's sad but I think you're right. I like the discussions at head-fi a lot more than the ones in the hifi-forum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back