AKG K-501 and Amp combo
Dec 9, 2001 at 4:13 PM Post #31 of 38
oh, I think I've grabbed the last SAC amp from Jan.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2001 at 7:50 PM Post #32 of 38
I agree with legoman. A $1K amp to drive the K501 is not an absolute requirement. My old XCANS V1 drives them louder than I would need. The Headmaster is just so much better. I suspect that the AKG are so smooth that some might think they are not loud enough and then drive the amp beyon it's capabilities. It often comes down to the listening habits.

Monica

Dec 10, 2001 at 1:36 AM Post #34 of 38
Much like legoman I use a Little with the 501s and am quite happy. I almost never get past 9 o'clock on the volume, and I think 10 o'clcok is as far as I've ever had it. I second legoman's suggestion to try the Little (if you're happy with it you'll have saved quite a few bucks).

I've been reading these boards for months and, I believe, you won't go wrong paying attention to legoman and Kwkarth.

Dec 10, 2001 at 4:11 AM Post #35 of 38
My headphone jack of my DVD player can make them so loud your ears will bleed, that's not the reason to get a high powered amp for the 501. They NEED a lot of current to sound the way they are suppose to sound. If you haven't heard the AKG on a really powerful amp, you just have not heard how they can really sound.

Dec 10, 2001 at 4:41 AM Post #37 of 38
Forget em Flumpus, I've had the K501s before, and your K340s walk all over em.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back