AKG K-1000 Temple Pads
Feb 28, 2023 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aziomatic

New Head-Fier
I realize that the K1000 temple pads are long gone. The leather on my temple pads looks to be in great shape but two of the pads have compressed. Seems like I can just restuff them, they should work well. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to take the pads off and re-foam them? Looking for any advice on that end including best practices for removing so as not tear the pads, glue recommendations for reconnecting and foam recommendations? Do I harvest a pillow, some cotton balls, some memory foam, etc? Thanks!

Feb 28, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 6
Mar 19, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 6
I realize that the K1000 temple pads are long gone. The leather on my temple pads looks to be in great shape but two of the pads have compressed. Seems like I can just restuff them, they should work well. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to take the pads off and re-foam them? Looking for any advice on that end including best practices for removing so as not tear the pads, glue recommendations for reconnecting and foam recommendations? Do I harvest a pillow, some cotton balls, some memory foam, etc? Thanks!
Look what I have done: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/history-of-the-akg-k1000.57805/page-25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back