AKG K-1000 - I LIKE IT!!!
Mar 5, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
Doug,

In my experience, the Equinox cable tames some of the brightness that comes with using the standard cable. Plus, it gives the overall sound a greater coherence, unlike the stock cable which doesn't seem to integrate well the highs, mids, and bass. The overall sound seems smoother, while retaining the amazing spaciousness.

FCJ,

It sounds like these guys produce some incredibly good cables. I owned their cable for the Senn 600s and loved it apart from the ergonomics. Thanks for the input. I have an RKV, and it can run those K1000s...............
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
FCJ,

It sounds like these guys produce some incredibly good cables. I owned their cable for the Senn 600s and loved it apart from the ergonomics. Thanks for the input. I have an RKV, and it can run those K1000s...............
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, then, you're half way home.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2003 at 10:15 PM Post #33 of 36
Not that would be hard to explain to the wife.
biggrin.gif

Actually, while I could run the K1000s, the noisy environment in which I live here in Quito would drive me nuts. I got rid of my Senn 600s to at least partially block out some of the traffic and bus noise coming in our window. Those K1000s are just so open they make the Senns seem like a pair of Ety's. We're looking at moving in the next 6 months though........

Mar 5, 2003 at 11:30 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Not that would be hard to explain to the wife.
biggrin.gif

Actually, while I could run the K1000s, the noisy environment in which I live here in Quito would drive me nuts. I got rid of my Senn 600s to at least partially block out some of the traffic and bus noise coming in our window. Those K1000s are just so open they make the Senns seem like a pair of Ety's. We're looking at moving in the next 6 months though........

Yes, I'll agree that to fully appreciate the K-1000s you need a quiet enviornment.

Mar 6, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

FCJ,

smily_headphones1.gif

What ergonomic issues did you have with the Equinox ? I ask as I had the Clou Blue for a while and hated it, stiff as hell. I find the Equinox a substantial upgrade in the ergonomic department...

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2003 at 5:20 AM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar
What ergonomic issues did you have with the Equinox ? I ask as I had the Clou Blue for a while and hated it, stiff as hell. I find the Equinox a substantial upgrade in the ergonomic department...

smily_headphones1.gif

The weight and design kept the cord dangling all the down by my feet where it got stepped on or in the way of my chair. I couldn't keep that heavy cable in one place so it wouldn't fall down to my feet and get in the way. The part that connects to the ear pieces was so long and stiff with strain relief that I couldn't turn my head without the cable hitting my shoulder. I had to turn my head upward a bit so I could turn without putting lots of strain on the ear pieces. The cable was too stiff compared to the stock one.

I wrote to Stefan AudioArt about these issues, so it'd be nice if they made a couple of changes in their design to make it more workable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back