AKG in ears...thoughts??
Oct 6, 2007 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jinx20001

Headphoneus Supremus
hi guys i know AKG is pretty big around here as far as full size cans go, i came across some AKG K324P in ears at around the price of sennheiser cx300's, if anybody has any experience with these please do post because im considering a buy for my other half, cheers! jay

for now ill post a few pics so people have a better idea what i mean,im guessing they are new as ive not came across them before.
icon10.gif

TP383_lm.jpg

p05_img02_l.jpg

are these pretty decent cx300 rivals or have i stumbled upon the worst of AKG...cheers again jay

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pretty sure that they are rebadged something, probably CX300's.

i thought this myself but the first pic is a picture off the official apple store online, this is why im asking about them because ive only just seen them around
blink.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 6
Yet another iteration of the Foster's of Japan dynamic canalphone, painfully too late as there are now at least five better alternatives on the market.

And to my mind, shame on both Sennheiser and AKG for buying somebody else's canalphone instead of designing their own. Heck, even JBL got an original housing for the Ref 220, and like AKG they're just a branch of the Harman group. When an audio company with no real headphone division like Denon can produce competitive top heaphones from Scratch, or an Audio Equation can make models outperforming the German competition at a much lower cost on their first try, then two of the world's biggest headphone companies should be able to make an original canalphone instead of just sourcing an OEM model from the Asian market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back