AKG BAP-1000....has anyone heard it with the K1000?
Feb 11, 2007 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Stax-i-nox

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone had any experience with the BAP-1000, using it with the K1000? What does it sound like? It looks like it's also an amp...I would suspect it sounds very good with it's intended headphone, the K1000? Thanks, John
k1000smile.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 11
The HE90 has the HEV90.. the AKG K1000 has the BAP 1000?

Does anyone still sell this? And is anyone willing to be the guinea pig?
tongue.gif

FWIW: http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-110-1466.html (use http://babel.altavista.com)

One line: "The BAP contains by the way also a headphone amplifier for the AKG K1000. That is so rather the worst amplifier, at which I heard the K1000 ever."

Feb 11, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HE90 has the HEV90.. the AKG K1000 has the BAP 1000?

Does anyone still sell this? And is anyone willing to be the guinea pig?
tongue.gif

FWIW: http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-110-1466.html (use http://babel.altavista.com)

One line: "The BAP contains by the way also a headphone amplifier for the AKG K1000. That is so rather the worst amplifier, at which I heard the K1000 ever."

I doubt they're still being made. They come up on Ebay Germany now and then, I believe I've seen 3 or 4 in the last year. This was the latest one I was watching, didn't expect it to sell for so much:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6613&rd=1&rd=1

Other than the BAP, the K1000 also had the SAC (which was made by AKG to drive the K1000)

Feb 11, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 11
Haven't heard it but one just went on ebay.de. I didn't see the final price, last I looked with 2 hours to go it was at just over 800 euros for the pair.

*edit* Yikes, ok that's a bit much. K1000 = 550 euros, SAC 1000 amp = 650 euros *new*. That means over 2,000 euros for the processor capability. There are some crazy nuts out there.

Feb 11, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #7 of 11
( this is from a Dutch HIFI website) www.audio-muziek.nl

AKG BAP-1000

The good head tel. offers a clear and very detailed look on the prerecording. Even very sophisticated luidsprekers must leave many relatively cheap head tel. in definition and resolution behind itself, but unfortunately... the main disadvantage of the head tel. is the unnatural stereo picture. THE AKG BAP 1000 combine the advantages of luidsprekerweergave with the particular properties of the head tel.. A unicum!The digital BAP 1000 levy the problem on with which the head tel. user sits for years opgescheept: the sound arises somewhere in the down-stream cutwater, with almost complete separation between the linker and right ear. There is, however, some overspraak between the two canals (electrically and acoustically), but that is insufficient us a realistic stereo perspective offer, with orchestra or soloinstrument by us. The orchestra plays in our head and that happens unnaturally. Moreover music is as it were spouted in our interview pace and economically the function our outside ear is at best circumstances only used. The acoustic proportions are thus compressed strongly reflected. Art head stereophony developed by Sennheiser (' kunstkopf stereophonie ') was certainly an adequate answer on the problems, but was not employed unfortunately commercial on large scale. The investments were considerably and only weinigen saw there what. AKG concerned at the development of the BAP 1000 a night ice and conducted at several test persons very exhaustive measurings from, in order to be able put the individual ear curves fixed. The research produced indeed wild a variety to graphs, but after inventory and zifting these could be summarised in nine
statistically representative ear curves.

Basic principle In the BAP 1000 filters which treat the stereo indicators, have built in, where are taken into account the function of our outside ear. Simulation assumes afluisterhoek 60 degrees: 30 degrees to left and 30 degrees to Right, the most attentive position of the luidspreker at home and in the prerecording studio. This way the sound from the ear-phone reaches our ear in an exactly the same manner such as at luidsprekers the case is. Measurings show to the indicator to that the right ear gentle and more slowly reach than the linker ear. From the graphs becomes clear also that corrections for chamber reflections in the design have been discounted, so that the auditor in an extremely natural manner can stipulate, like at luidsprekers, from which direction the sound comes.

To listen I listened firstly to the BAP 1000 in combination with the already earlier discussed AKG K1000 head tel. and was not immediately under the impression. It lasted some days, before I to the sound picture had got used, but now do not want I differently more. The guide indicates also that the first impressions correct is not generally and that it lasts just as, before one is released of ingesleten lustre pattern. That succeeded me the bests by during listening intensively to (eliminated!) luidsprekers to look at. Have you that once behind your, then this combination is really a revelation. Every detail in the prerecording is observed feilloos, whereas the orchestra or the soloist lifelike by your state, splendidly in the space. You are released also right of the acerbity which leads at conventional reproductionreproduction reproduction already rapidly to lustre-tired-driven. There head tel. also other can be connected on the processor, but then the impact is signaling less: with the Sennheiser HD 560 and the Beyer DT 990 were the space picture a lot less persuading. Stax-Lambda came however in this respect wèl dense in the buurt of K1000. I achieved the most optimum results at score 5 and 6, but that is strictly individual. With the supplied cd the most addressing curve can be chosen. Moreover still the option is your own interview characterisation at AKG in Vienna let measure there, whereupon thus obtained data on separate curve-ROM-card are neatly put which you can plug in at home this way!

In the prerecording studio? THE BAP 1000 seem ideal appliances me at the appraisal and version of prerecordings. The combination of wealth to détails and spatial perception offers perspectives for the intensive and concentrated control of the indicators at all levels. Oversturing, dropouts, phase differences, undesirable bijgeluiden: they are mercilessly registered without exception.

To connect Thanks to the clear guide and the professional quality of the insteekpluggen and connection cables had I the apparatus in three minutes in running order. With regard to connection there are several possibilities: a. of the line termination of the amplifier, cd/ld-speler, the dcc - or dat-deck, etc. directly to the entrance of the BAP 1000; b. incorporated in the tapelus. Depending on of your equipment there are possibly more possibilities. With bypass-schakelaar can be passed the made institutions.

Conclusion THE AKG BAP 1000 have not been fraai devised cheap, but very and no less than an opening in head tel. reproduction. Sound quality and the space picture are of superior level and certainly in combination with the AKG K1000 head tel. is this design in my opinion onverslaanbaar. For kleinbehuisden this hèt luidsprekeralternatief are.

Feb 12, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #9 of 11
Wasn't your BAP on A-gon not too long ago, Mike? Still have it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back