AKG 701's Buzzing
Jul 10, 2008 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

CodeToad

100+ Head-Fier
I just got me new 701's and when I put them on I immediately noticed a buzzing sound on the left side (where the wire comes in). It went away after a few minutes. Tonight I downloaded a few break in .wavs and upon playing some of the low sweeps and very low frequencies the buzz was there again. It sounds like something is loose and vibrating.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for the replies. I guess I have to return them. The noise is worse today than it was yesterday. At least I discovered it early.

Jul 10, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 9
I had exactly the same problem with my 701s. They are nearly two years old and I first looked for a hair in the left driver but there was none. Send them to AKG service in germany and they replaced the driver and threw in some new pads. Nice service. Just got them back today.
But I have no clue why it appeared in the first place.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxlMusikfreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had exactly the same problem with my 701s. They are nearly two years old and I first looked for a hair in the left driver but there was none. Send them to AKG service in germany and they replaced the driver and threw in some new pads. Nice service. Just got them back today.
But I have no clue why it appeared in the first place.

Still a chance it was hair or something very fine that is hard to see. It doesn't take much at all.

Good to hear about AKG's service.
cool.gif

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 9
Got my AKG's back today...all is well. Well almost. I had to banish them to the sock drawer until they quit hissing at me. Kind of reminds me of that episode of Friends where Rachel bought that hairless cat that hissed at everyone.

Maybe I'll run some Barry Manilow through 'em for a week. That's enough to break anybody down into submission.

Fortunately for me my HD650's also arrived today so I have something nice to listen to.

Needless to say I'm "phoned up" for awhile.

Jul 21, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 9
Howzat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back