AKG 701 - Are they any cheaper to buy in Germany?
Jul 7, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 10
Is anything cheaper in the E.U.? Never, taxes will kill you, and possible import fees. I would just get them over here.

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 10
there is a store here in darmstadt that has them for 350 euro
thats crazy priceing but i can just use a vat forum since i am in the military and get that 16% tax taken off

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #5 of 10
If you live outside the EU, then you can claim the EU tax back when you leave. I believe it is currently at 17.5%. You just need the original invoice together with the item, and fill out a short form at the airport when you depart. Some shops however may sell it to you at the price less VAT if you present them with your valid passport and ticket, proving you are leaving the EU.

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 10
xenithon is right..sorta. You have to buy from a shop that takes part in the "Duty Free Rapid Refund" scheme. You have to ask for a duty free card at the shop, fill it out, and submit the form and reciept at the last exit airport from the EU (France for example) No tickie, no washie as otherwise you could make a fake reciept (also so the shop gets docked the tax)
Prices here are high for everything except groceries. I shop heavily when I visit the States!
Plus they are from Austria anyway!

Lowest online price shipped here...240eu is ~340us

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #7 of 10
Hmmmm, from my experience, some form of "rapid refund" would be where the shop charges you the price LESS vat there and then, so there would be no need to claim anything at the airport. For that you need the ticket/passport.

The alternative is to buy and pay full price, retain the invoice, and claim it back at the VAT refund stations normally distributed at International airports. I might be wrong though, but it has been like that not just in Europe (France, UK, Poland) but also Israel and Australia.

Jul 8, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #8 of 10
BTW - didn't VAT go up to 19% as of 2007

Jul 13, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 10
man, are you cazy?? with EUR\USD at 1,38?? no doubt! you cant! (IMO)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back