AKG 545 vs NAD viso HP50 vs other headphones for following music genres.
Apr 26, 2014 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

innerfight

New Head-Fier
As the title suggests i am kind of stuck between these two headphones.
Budget is 400$ so any other recommendations are also welcome.Although i dont want to waste money.
I personally find it hard to classify music into genres so i am linking a couple of songs in this post as well. The sources are bad but its just to give an idea of what i like to listen to .Please give it a listen to help me with a recommendation if nothing else you may find a good new song!!

Listen to : rock, progressive rock, electronic, rap(not much but if it sounds good), dubstep, chillstep, drum and bass, hip hop, pop, acoustic

Do not listen to:Jazz, Blues, Classical,metal

Some examples of songs i like..

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 8
There are a slew of phones that can do the genres are interested in very well. I recommend you try out the AT M50X and M40X.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #3 of 8
So am i correct in assuming your saying that the AKG and NAD will not play these genres well?? Also i would like to point out that i am in no way a bass head as the headphones you have suggested seem to be high in bass.

Apr 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 8
I did not say that. I said that there are many headphones that will do the genres you listed very well, including the AT M50(X) and M40(X).  I don't have direct experience with the AKG and the NAD. You asked for any recommendations, I assumed that you were open to all possibilities.

Here is the link to the NAD thread. It looks to have some information that might be helpful: http://www.head-fi.org/t/646735/nad-viso-hp50-another-superb-headphone-from-paul-barton

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #5 of 8
The K545 has a bit better sub bass in my opinion. Both have similar treble. The HP50 is more pronounced in the lower mids the K545 is more more pronounced in the upper mids. I love the K545 with the song Rest by Beckah Shae. Personally I preferred the comfort of the K545 over the HP50 and because I like female vocals also prefer its midrange more. It also is a better price which never hurts.

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 8
I also LOVE LOVE LOVE how the K545 renders guitars, so it will handle songs like Brother and More Than You very well.

May 3, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #8 of 8
I have NAD HP50 and AKGK545, use AKG with my comp and HP with my iBasso dx50. I listen to HP in bed when i like less agresive upper mids of HP. When working on my comp (I am programmer), or listen to music on comp, then i use K545. I have to say, that sound on my comp is darker than on dx50, so akg pair with my comp beter than HP50, but on iBasso (more neutral sonding) HP pair very well. That is IMO, someone else may have different opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back