AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread
Dec 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #466 of 735
Which is why I'm confused why your earlier post you're so definitively blaming AK's service when you're not certain if it's really SKM's fault or AK's in your later post.

Maybe I'm in a special place (Japan & its service) but I have to say I've had very good service from Aiuto - AK/iRIver's distributor in Japan. Even though AK's firmware (design, or QA) for the demo AK380 has been dodgy,I've had quick communication and replacement service from them.

In your case maybe you should investigate a little more as to who didn't do their job first. Maybe it is AK....or maybe it is SKM, or maybe it's both. As you can see, that's a lot of "maybe's".

True.

SKM claims it is Astell & Kern who insisted on repairing instead of replacing it with a new unit.

Alex An of AK promised me that it is SKM that will have to answer me re this matter.

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #467 of 735
Well i sold my ak240ss and bought the Questyle R1 and am totally blown away with it. unfortunately in my opinion the ak240ss cannot match this beauty. My ak was just over 6 months paid £2500 for it and sold it for £1020. but was able to buy other half a brand new ipad air2 and the said prized dap. I have to say i do feel a little greived by the pricing of the ak and believe they did rip people off in the process. Please if you get the chance sell yours now while the goings good. The sound is incredible with its built in amp. No need for me now to buy the hugo chord or the over priced shure contraption.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #468 of 735
This thread has been quiet for awhile ...

I just moved and decided to use my SS as my primary source on my music system. Consequently, I bought a PEM-12 cradle knowing its finish is gun metal and would not match the SS. Still, I think they look nice together.

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #469 of 735
... and the system it is connected to with the Chord Hugo handling the digital processing.

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #470 of 735
That's a nice setup, I just purchased a used AK240SS and I've been thinking about getting me one of these but haven't been able to justify the purchase. It's pretty expensive just to be a cradle well I think that's all it can be used for.

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #471 of 735
That's a nice setup, I just purchased a used AK240SS and I've been thinking about getting me one of these but haven't been able to justify the purchase. It's pretty expensive just to be a cradle well I think that's all it can be used for.

I would keep an eye on eBay. I bought the PEM-12 for $100 a few weeks ago. It was advertised as new, and when I got it it was sealed and looked like new, but then I noticed some imperfections on the bottom front edge. Still, they aren't noticeable unless one looks for them, and at $100, I could easily justify the purchase.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #472 of 735
I'll keep an eye out for one around that price point.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #474 of 735
Based off what I've read (looking into this myself) balanced is a lot better. Only problem is that a balanced cable for my Shure SE846 cost 200 bucks. This stuff gets expensive quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back