Airsoft guns
Aug 2, 2003 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Vertigo-1

Señor Sony
Anybody else play around with these? Having nothing else better to do back home away from my "real" life, I went ahead and got into this hobby, just to give me something to do. And I must say I'm already feeling the pull to get gun after gun after gun...

Aug 2, 2003 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 17
I have one that shoots lead pellets, for target practice, or shoot vermin
tongue.gif
, not that there are any around here !

Seriously, I like it, and actually played had a go with it today, will get a photo of it up later.

Aug 2, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 17
Nope, they're sort of replacing paintball guns as a way to do skirmishes. They're basically high quality 1:1 replicas of real life guns, the major appeal of them, except that they shoot lightweight plastic BBs. Most of them are fully functional, exactly like the real life replicas, with working hammers, drop down magazine clips, safetys, and cocking slide. The slide can even lock back when your magazine's empty, just like the real deal.

What raymondlin mentioned is in a different class though...that sounds like a pellet/BB gun, which generally are much more powerful and capable of killing. Airsoft guns can never get up enough power to kill, unless you mod them of course.

Aug 2, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 17
True, mine isn't a replica of any real life counter part. Instead it is a Handmade gun (Steel) with a solid Walnut wood Grip, the power is right up there in the legal limit. It could indeed hurt someone real bad and I always handle it as it is loaded. I keep it locked in a modded camera case with Foam, for security and presentation purposes.

EDIT - pictures

BSA Magnum 0.177 cal

gun1.jpg
gun2.jpg

Aug 2, 2003 at 8:13 PM Post #8 of 17
I have a HK PSG-1 airsoft that a cousin sent me with a telescopic sight with glass optics... Cats who pee in my garden don't like me now.

Of course there is the matter of neighbours probably wondering why a barrel pokes out of my windows every now and again.

As I centre the squirrel/cat in my crosshairs I'm so totally Edward Fox in The Day of the Jackal. After I fire and the cat/squirrel languidly plods away (sometimes the squirrel doesn't even bother moving) I feel strangely empty.

Aug 2, 2003 at 8:17 PM Post #9 of 17
PSG-1? That musta costed a pretty penny...

I've got a H&K USP springer and a gas blowback Desert Eagle .50AE. Still looking to get a springer or two more.

Aug 2, 2003 at 9:50 PM Post #12 of 17
Aug 2, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
heh, the original PSG-1 cost $10,500 USD when it was sold (base, no special features)

The spring one goes for $34.95.
cool.gif

I did not realize that this industry was so big. And that they have automatic electric guns (there's even an acronym for it: AEG). The models they have are sure cool looking.

Aug 2, 2003 at 10:09 PM Post #14 of 17
The ones I have seen look very much like the real firearms they are modeled after; an owner might want to be careful waving one around a CCW permit holder. The plastic pellets are slightly larger than .177 BBs, but very lightweight and lose velocity quickly. I think you would have to put one of these up against someon'e eye to do damage. It's still best to follow the 4 rules when handling firearms and airsoft guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back