Ainol Elf II improving sound
Sep 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jds491r

New Head-Fier
So I wanted to get in to the tablet market but on a budget. So I researched for about 2 weeks and came up with that the best deal I was going to get was going to be for the Ainol Elf II. I was curious as to whether anyone owns one, and how the audio with your headphones is. If no one has it, is it possible to upgrade the sound quality of a tablet? Perhaps a FiiO E6 would do the trick? Let me know what kind of experiences you've had with your tablets. Thanks.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Ok let's see about the tablets I've owned. (iPad is current).

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer - SQ is okay, nothing special, slight improvement with Voodoo Audio.
ASUS Nexus 7 - SQ is terrible, Tegra 3 SoC just sounds bad, no dynamics, bass and treble presented in a boring manner
Apple iPad (3rd Gen) - SQ is great, fluid and enjoyable from the HP out - have not tried digital out to a DAC, but works wonders for what I listen to. 

I'm not sure on how one would upgrade the quality of one of the Ainol tablets - other than perhaps using a USB OTG cable to see if you can get digital out to an external dac/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back