Ahoy ppl...monster and beats part company...thats a relief...its a great day for us all
Jan 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 19
Now let's hope that they both disappear from this site !

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 19
If monster still remains active, they will continue producing overpriced crap, and ignorant people will continue buying them, even without the Dre label :/

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 19

Quote:
Now let's hope that they both disappear from this site !

If Monster continues down the road they began with the well regarded Miles Davis and turbine models, well, there may be hope yet.

Dre and Beats on the other hand, are a completely lost cause.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
In the the followup, Monster will pump eight new headphone lineups featuring due out this year, Monster is also noted to have brought in 60% of its own revenue from Beats by Dre, and now plans to shift its focus on older demographics, such as executive types, which the brand never exactly catered to.

This can't be good lol.  The next thing you know they will sue the pants off Audeze or something...  Hey your headphones are BIG  but we "patented" that @#%!.  FTL.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #10 of 19
I wish they would have made a better quality product. That's all.

Sent from my HP TouchPad

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #11 of 19
IMO Monster has been a heavy handed marketer and strategic player in the audio world --although now going after executives seems a little far fetched.  Their strength is not in product quality.

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #12 of 19
What a surprise, let us now hope that monster will focus on the turbine series... I wonder whose gonna produce those beats headphones, I'm kinda thinking Bose Beats. 

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 19
this is a good thing.

monster can now make headphones that are as good as their turbine series.

or they can go downhill by making overpriced crap that isn't much better than beats. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
take a look at this video about new headphones from monster.. they look awful..

Awful doesn't even begin to describe it. I tasted bile while looking at them. 
But hey, I bet they will sell a million.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back