AHHHHHH! D50 is HERE!
Mar 29, 2006 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
...And I'll have pics I've taken with full auto (I don't want to bother with manual unless I really need it on telephoto) up later tonight. The kit I bought came with an 18-55mm DX ED, and 70-300mm G lens. After reading up on kenrockwell.com, these were the lenses I was really going for, and I found the perfect kit from an authorized dealer that wouldn't scam me, i.e. Royalcamera.com or any affiliate that uses the terms "Factory Fresh" and what shows up on donwiss.com's Brooklyn Storefronts. Total cost of kit: $815, here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D50-Digita...QQcmdZViewItem
I know what you're thinking too, and nope, they show up on Nikon USA's site as an authorized dealer- they had to or I wouldn't have bothered with them.

The nice part was that the batteries that came with the kit are two EN-EL3a's, higher capacity versions of the stock battery. The only thing I need to get now is a tripod, a step up ring, and some 62mm filters. If I'm feeling really ambitious down the line I'll get a battery grip and an 18-200 VR lens as well, but I'd rather get a new TV since HD is getting cheaper very fast.

Anyway, I'll update this with some pics as soon as I can, but I've got to take some first
tongue.gif

Looks like my birthday came a few days early!
580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back