AHHH, any DAP have 1/8" line OUT?
Aug 7, 2005 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

euclid

Headphoneus Supremus
i guess the world of headphone amps is actually contained within this website. there is no other explaination for manufactures not to put a line out on the actual ****ing player!

please pleasantly surprise me and show me the player that will allow mini-mini without a breakout box or cable.

Aug 8, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 21
As far as high capacity players go, the:

iRiver H1*0/iHP-1*0
Toshiba PEG-F*0
Sony HD*

players all have line-outs.

Aug 8, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 21
The iPod has line-out through an adapter (http://sik.com). Once you cut off the firewire cable, it's essentially the same as a "normal" line-out, except that you're plugging it into the dock port instead of a 1/8" jack...

Aug 8, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 21
so there are no players with an actual 1/8 line out within the case. im trying to simplify the conncection process for soundd quality and portabilty., i might get a sik for the ipod and solder my own line out to it.

Aug 9, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 21
Read a little closer...Sumguy has given you some models that have exactly that
confused.gif

Aug 9, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 21
are you sure they are true line outs and not just another name for the headhone out? they actually bypas the internal headphone amplifier and need seperate amp to control volume level? its the same headphone jack and i dont see a selector switch so if anything it using software to bypass the internal amp.

im looking for analog 1/8 straight out of the DAC, unamped. i see the iriver is the only player with as a dedicated 1/8 jack

Aug 9, 2005 at 8:52 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
The irivers line out is volume controlled, but to get around it just turn the player up and use the volume control on your amp.

the fact that its volume controlled means certain requencies will be lost in the amping process, or equalized from the factory to prevent distorion or tinny highs or whatever the flaws of cheap headphones/earbuds would be

if im using a true headphone amp and nice headphone i want an unraped signal entering the external amp so it can process it completely.

does anyone know if the ipod lineout using the sik or pocket dock is volume controlled? thanks again

Aug 9, 2005 at 9:01 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
does anyone know if the ipod lineout using the sik or pocket dock is volume controlled? thanks again

No it is not.

Aug 9, 2005 at 10:11 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by labrat
It is not affected by the volume-control.
But by the equalizer, yes.

That is true of the equaliser, only as it is applied in the digital domain. Just like Winamp's equaliser would work even via a USB-DAC line out solution.

Aug 9, 2005 at 10:41 AM Post #14 of 21
is there a way to bypass the equalizer on an ipod when using the lineout? so i can get true lineout of the original recording.

ive never had a portable before so i really dont know how they are setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back