Ahh, Finally did it. Hello AD2000
Nov 25, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 19
Got mine a week ago. I love 'em. I've been putting a lot of time in on my easy chair with music and CDs this week. They're great and wonderfully detailed for both.

Enjoy them! Merry Christmas to yourself.

Nov 25, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 19
That took quite a while, but I guess you will like them - also 'cause I did not like them at all and we both tend to disagree in almost any fon.

Their bass is the best I've ever crossed.

Nov 25, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 19
Congratulations on the purchase, donunus! I'm sure you'll like them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That took quite a while, but I guess you will like them - also 'cause I did not like them at all and we both tend to disagree in almost any fon.

Their bass is the best I've ever crossed.

it took me a while actually because I took your impressions into consideration hehehe. anyways I said screw it and I should just get it over with and buy the darn cans. At least i will finally find out for myself. I'll sell them on headfi if I don't like them. If They are not my type, I don't know where to go next. k1000 maybe hmm

Nov 26, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #8 of 19
i am curious about your impressions and am also been seriously considering some myself lately.

i think I know what your aiming for. what are you using for source and amp btw? I remember somewhere you mentioned it.

i have a slew of can's but want better hehehe what can i do, it's a compulsion for sure! but i think this will be it , i won't go much further....so i say hehehehe

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #9 of 19
the thing is for headphones I need a great sounding can that can do all sources justice. I want something that is forgiving of amps but can grow with a better front end and amp synergy. I am used to high end speaker horns and have been looking for the headphones that are just as organic but bring the detail that only headphones can. I need something organic and detailed with realistic dynamics so if this is what I get with the ad2000 then I will report what it is missing as soon as I get it then update as soon as it is broken in.

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #10 of 19
Remember that speaker horns are known for sensitivity. In the speaker world, SETS are the best way to take advantage of speaker horns. If the ad2000 is the can that can then I will be the man. How many of us her have really gotten what we needed? Some people are satisfied with lesser stuff because they haven't heard the best when it comes to speaker audio. I have had and heard the best. budget is not a problem when it comes to headphones because coming from the speaker world I've spent so much to feel that the headphone expenses are insignificant. This hobby is just so much fun that I have wasted all my time in a place where i have no access to all this equipment and still enjoy talking about them on headfi. I hope the ad2000 takes me to a place of audio heaven combined with musical satisfaction if you get what I mean.

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it took me a while actually because I took your impressions into consideration hehehe. anyways I said screw it and I should just get it over with and buy the darn cans. At least i will finally find out for myself. I'll sell them on headfi if I don't like them. If They are not my type, I don't know where to go next. k1000 maybe hmm

Hope you like them, I've heard a lot of good things about them. Not sure about how much money you would lose but they are definitely in high demand here on head-fi so should be a win win for you. I think the last one sold in under an hour after it was listed, maybe even under half an hour.

Nov 26, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #13 of 19
I am a little intoxicated while speaking my mind so the writing and english is messed up as usual hehehe. I just really hope that the ad2000 is something that is serious enough to build a system around. I dont want to get into electrostats in the PI because the moisture here is really damaging to the drivers of stats

Nov 26, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just really hope that the ad2000 is something that is serious enough to build a system around.

Wouldn't say that the AD2K is especially dependent to be driven by a special "golden" amp. Aria, Millet and Cmoy all did about the same to them - my opinion (and the opinion of their owner as well).

Nov 27, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #15 of 19
I like the fact that they do well with almost any amp so that i can match my system based on frequency response shaping instead of worrying about how tight the amp can get a hold of the drivers. (Same principle with horn loaded speaker systems and matching with great sounding low power Single Ended Triodes))Since they are supposed to be detailed cans, I might also see big improvements when upgrading CDPs/dacs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back