Age old question: Looking for IEMS <$100, dunno where to start :(
Sep 3, 2014 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Xarmydis

New Head-Fier
I am coming from Westone W2's which I absolutely adored, but I no longer possess them, and the W20's are $100 more than the W2's were in price >.<, hell, the W10's are practically $200.

I loved the sound with all my heart on those W2's, I know I probably won't get anything quite as good as my old ones, but can I get something decent? =)

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 12
I am coming from Westone W2's which I absolutely adored, but I no longer possess them, and the W20's are $100 more than the W2's were in price >.<, hell, the W10's are practically $200.

I loved the sound with all my heart on those W2's, I know I probably won't get anything quite as good as my old ones, but can I get something decent? =)

Havi pro I and never look back.

You do need an amp. A fiio e6 should be enough.

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 12
Pro I is the one with wide soundstage - Pro II is your typical V shaped meh IEM.

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 12
Interesting. I read up on it, and it seems the Pro I's are WAY more popular than the Pro 2's...so much that after a lot of nagging after discontinuation, they brought the Pro I's back!  Also, I ordered a Fiio e6, but it seems most people shoot for the e11, just making sure it should be enough?

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 12
What kind of sound signature are you looking for? In terms of pure overall sound quality, it doesn't get much better than the GR07 and HiFiman RE-400 at $100. However, if you want something with strong bass those aren't going to suit you. Looking at Joker's review of the W2, I'd recommend you the GR07 (http://www.amazon.com/VSONIC-GR07-Classic-Blue/dp/B00MELKI6Y/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A73Z6Y88JZJ7W). It's slightly warm, but very neutral with crisp, wonderfully textured note presentation. It won't have the as good 3D sound of the W2 as it's got a wide soundstage that's not as deep, but Joker rates the GR07 sound quality higher. If you want more 3D soundstage, you can go for the Havi, but people have said you'd want a better amp than the E6 for it. Hifiman RE-400 may also be good but haven't heard it. For a more budget option, you could try the VSD3S for $45 bucks. It's tuned similar to a W4, just not as high end and refined.

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 12
HiFiMan RE-400 is probably the closest you'll get to the W2 sound (based on measurements).  An Etymotic might get you close as well, likewise with an ADDIEM.  

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #11 of 12
Have the Klipsch R6M and would second a vote for these. I like the soundstage of these almost as much as my NAD HP50 which are known for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back