Aful Performer Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #451 of 515
Zen can doesn't perform well with low impedance iems. Maybe this might be the case.
Yep, probably the case. Wasn't an issue with any of my other IEMs, so this one must be very sensitive.

Nov 24, 2023 at 2:14 AM Post #452 of 515
Yep, probably the case. Wasn't an issue with any of my other IEMs, so this one must be very sensitive.
Screenshot_2023-11-24-13-13-26-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

High sensitivity

Nov 25, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #453 of 515
hey guys, is it worth it to get the magicone if i already have the P5? for the record i love the P5. Just wanted to have another IEM in the range of $150 - $200 (preferably not too similar with the P5) for a rotation so i didn't get bored too fast

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #454 of 515
hey guys, is it worth it to get the magicone if i already have the P5? for the record i love the P5. Just wanted to have another IEM in the range of $150 - $200 (preferably not too similar with the P5) for a rotation so i didn't get bored too fast

To me and my taste, I'm happy to trade P5 for Magic One, since I like the tuning of Magic one more, and I find the stereo imaging and separation to be better with magic one, so my classical library sounds more satisfying. Another good thing about Magic One to me is that it is very difficult to drive, so I have a chance to use my amp and high-end DAP. But I know plenty people would think otherwise if they prefer more subbass and they cannot find any fault with the imaging and resolution of P5. so, tricky decision indeed. I don't find these IEMs to be similar.

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #455 of 515
Here's a review of the AFUL MagicOne: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aful-magicone.26804/reviews#review-32337

AFUL 9.jpeg

Pros:
Decent accessories
Robust build
Good ergonomics and comfort
Top-notch passive isolation
Packs novel technology to allow a single BA to overcome driver limitations
Well-balanced warm neutral soundscape
Very coherent
Fast and clean bass
Transparent midrange
Smooth treble with good resolution, yet without sibilance
Technicalities are solid for a single BA, especially for imaging and clarity
Will be a great option as a stage monitor or for audio work

Cons:
Quite hard to drive - needs amplification
Sounds close to DD bass, but still has a slight lack of sub-bass extension/decay of BA bass
On the pricier side for a proof-of-concept technology
Not for bassheads

AFUL MagicOne.jpg

Dec 5, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #456 of 515
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #457 of 515
Howdy folks!

My review of the Magic One is finally done. You can find it on head-fi and my blog.

Dec 15, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #458 of 515
Listening with my Performer 8’s right now and still absolutely love them. I think they deserve way more praise and deserve to be way more popular and talked about. From bass to treble, bottom to top, I find them perfect for my preferences.

IMG_0928.jpeg

I also just fully paid for them a couple days ago. I did 6 months no interest financing on an Amazon card and just made the last payment. For me it’s much easier to pay $68 a month vs $370 all at once, but now it’s done.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #459 of 515
Listening with my Performer 8’s right now and still absolutely love them. I think they deserve way more praise and deserve to be way more popular and talked about. From bass to treble, bottom to top, I find them perfect for my preferences.

IMG_0928.jpeg

I also just fully paid for them a couple days ago. I did 6 months no interest financing on an Amazon card and just made the last payment. For me it’s much easier to pay $68 a month vs $370 all at once, but now it’s done.
My unit is mostly for gaming

image.jpg

Dec 30, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #460 of 515
Just got this two days ago and I am quite amazed by the sound it puts out.
20231230_135318.jpg

Dec 30, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #461 of 515
Just got this two days ago and I am quite amazed by the sound it puts out.
20231230_135318.jpg
How does it differ from the Performer 8? Is it worth having both?

Dec 30, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #462 of 515
How does it differ from the Performer 8? Is it worth having both?
From just a brief A/B, the P8 is better in every possible way than the M1 except the price, not saying the M1 is bad tho. What strike me the most from this comparison:
- P8 is way easier to drive than the M1
- P8 has brighter treble and more forward mid than the M1
- P8 also has a fuller bass than the M1 (depends on the song, classical is not much different)
- P8 also has better vertical separation, the M1 still has very good stereo separation.
- M1 is very smooth, I could listen to it for long period of time without having ear fatigue

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #463 of 515
From just a brief A/B, the P8 is better in every possible way than the M1 except the price, not saying the M1 is bad tho. What strike me the most from this comparison:
- P8 is way easier to drive than the M1
- P8 has brighter treble and more forward mid than the M1
- P8 also has a fuller bass than the M1 (depends on the song, classical is not much different)
- P8 also has better vertical separation, the M1 still has very good stereo separation.
- M1 is very smooth, I could listen to it for long period of time without having ear fatigue
Kind of what I assumed. Thanks.

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #464 of 515
Hmm... the more I listen to my Magicone, the more engaging its sound is. The sound is balance. Bass has enough rumble and thump (for a single BA this is quite amazing), mid is detailed with enough warmth for male vocal, treble is airy, smooth never fatiguing. This is truly a unique IEM from Aful and I am loving it.

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #465 of 515
Hmm... the more I listen to my Magicone, the more engaging its sound is. The sound is balance. Bass has enough rumble and thump (for a single BA this is quite amazing), mid is detailed with enough warmth for male vocal, treble is airy, smooth never fatiguing. This is truly a unique IEM from Aful and I am loving it.
The more time I spent using this IEM both of listening and for testing other IEMs, the more I’m impressed by what AFUL managed to achieve. It’s not on the same level with P8 on everything that I index for in an IEM, but I find it a better IEM than the P5, at least to me and my metrics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back