Aful Performer Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #256 of 515
I use a pair of oversized Spinfit W1 to push the IEMs away from the ears, increasing the width of the stage. Combining this trick with some EQ tricks and the great DAC/amp in UTWS5 kinda fixes the soundstage issue to me. Kinda.

Jul 23, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #257 of 515
I use a pair of oversized Spinfit W1 to push the IEMs away from the ears, increasing the width of the stage. Combining this trick with some EQ tricks and the great DAC/amp in UTWS5 kinda fixes the soundstage issue to me. Kinda.
Using W1’s right now, and they seem like they may be the way to go. For my ears I’m using the smallest size, so I don’t think they are any farther from my ear drums than the OG tips, but they still seem like they sound a bit wider. So far they are comfy and seem to give a consistent seal.

Jul 28, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #260 of 515
The Performer 8’s with the SpinFit W1’s with just an Apple lightning dongle is insanely good.

Jul 28, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #262 of 515
I actually just received the Spinfit W1's today. Will test with multiple tips, but so far, I've been enjoying foam tips the best, they give me more bass, and keep out outside noise a lot better (which at home isnt a problem, but I also like wearing headphones when Im on the go)
I haven’t tried foams yet with these. I typically don’t like what foams usually do to the sound though. I feel like they take away all sharpness or tightness or edge, and usually roll the highs off.

Jul 28, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #263 of 515
I haven’t tried foams yet with these. I typically don’t like what foams usually do to the sound though. I feel like they take away all sharpness or tightness or edge, and usually roll the highs off.
Yeah, I can’t bear the loss of upper treble from foams.

Jul 30, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #265 of 515
I will disagree, with Tennmak foams they sound sublime, bass is still articulated, though slightly more powerful and no highs rolled off. Performer has a sufficient supply of highs so I guess that must be the reason why I don't perceive any loss even with the foamies 🙂

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #266 of 515
Went on a business trip (6+ hours of ear time) and I'm still very impressed in how non-fatiguing these are for me. Using Clarion tips but still searching for that magical tip though. The Clarion tips started to feel itchy after ~4 hours. Forgot to bring H570 tips with me otherwise I could have swapped to see if those perform better if used for a long time.

Jul 30, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #267 of 515
Went on a business trip (6+ hours of ear time) and I'm still very impressed in how non-fatiguing these are for me. Using Clarion tips but still searching for that magical tip though. The Clarion tips started to feel itchy after ~4 hours. Forgot to bring H570 tips with me otherwise I could have swapped to see if those perform better if used for a long time.
Try Dunnu S&S tips...

Aug 3, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #270 of 515
Anyone else impressed how easy the P8s are to drive?
I'm using the P8s via a 4.4mm cable with an ibasso dx170 and they are literally loud enough at 15%. Talk about head room!

Even when plugged into my iphone via the apple dongle I never need to go over 50%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back