Aftermarket Sennheiser HD380 Pro cord
May 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jgill79

New Head-Fier
First off: Hi, all. This is my first Head-Fi post. Didn't find a thread to introduce myself in, so I just decided to do it here.

Second: I am about to invest in my first pair of high end phones. I did a lot of research, and have finally decided on the Sennheiser HD380 Pro as my entry into the arena. It has just about everything I want in a pair of headphones; however, I am not crazy about the coiled cord. I would like to replace it with one that is non-coiled and about 4 ft long. As I understand it, the cord is 2.5mm on the end that connects to the phones and a quarter inch on the end that plugs into the console/ipod/what have you. As I will be mostly using these with my iPhone, I would be okay with buying a 2.5/3.5 cord rather than a 2.5/1.25 cord, but either would work. Any suggestions on where I might find something suitable to my needs?

Thanks in advance for the help! Great to be here. This has already been an excellent resource in my decision-making process.
beyersmile.png

May 15, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks! I listen to a broad range of genres. I don't really listen to classical, but I do like some neo-classical like Stars of the Lid. I listen to A LOT of audio books. You might not think that headphone quality is important for audio books, but it plays a major role, especially in a noisy environment. I definitely want something close-backed with passive noise cancellation, and I prefer circumaural. My budget is around $200. I'd be grateful for your input.

May 15, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Thanks! I listen to a broad range of genres. I don't really listen to classical, but I do like some neo-classical like Stars of the Lid. I listen to A LOT of audio books. You might not think that headphone quality is important for audio books, but it plays a major role, especially in a noisy environment. I definitely want something close-backed with passive noise cancellation, and I prefer circumaural. My budget is around $200. I'd be grateful for your input.

Would you go used?

May 15, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Any good quality headphones would do just fine, a pair of Beyers or Denon's would do good. If you insist on noise cancelling here are a few. (There are two links in "here") and any good pair of IEM's like SE535 or Westone 4's would block out alot of noise also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back