After three years the journey has ended: I almost have had them all
Dec 1, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #91 of 103
What a story!

I'd love to see pictures of your journey – a photo of your current collection, maybe?

Also, not to pry, but what exactly do you do for a living that makes all this possible? I think I have pretty good taste in 'phones, and I'd love to have my own Orpheus system, but none of that changes the fact that I could never hope to be able to afford one. The best sounding phones I've heard thus far, the Grado RS-2's, sadly are still out of the realm of possibility for me.

In any case, kudos to you for having the drive and determination to make your dreams a reality.

Dec 9, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #93 of 103
i heard the D5000s recently and was disappointed - just generally sounded thin and small. maybe my expectations were too high.

you seem to be selling a lot of gear. what will you keep.

Dec 9, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #97 of 103
Nice write up, its been a while since i have heard the HF-1, and reading this thread made me take them out of the drawer, and, Hell Yeah!
tongue.gif

I actually prefer them more than the HP-2 and GS-1000.

It is a really fun can, as i think they are more fun than my semi-vintage Rs-1 but then again the rs-1 is more about smoothness and SQ. IMO...

Would be sweet if you posted some pictures of the grados you have/had.

I hope the pictures pass threw the Firefox ****/popup blocker
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #98 of 103
Your still going to have a really really nice stable of headphones.

Dec 9, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #102 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by superman's ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a friend of that. There are thousands of pics published around this planet. My headphones don't look different.

Hehe, i c. Its just that i cant get enough of pictures..
rolleyes.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #103 of 103
Great posts. I believe you have the ability to just listen and critique without letting money spent cloud your judgement. Out of the limited headphones I've tried, Grados have also sounded the best to me. The only thing keeping me away is their comfort. I can't stand having them on for more than 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back