After not liking HD555, 595 - I found the 600!
Dec 17, 2006 at 6:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xcodeguy

100+ Head-Fier
I was so dissappointed the first time I tried the HD555. A year later I gave the HD595 a try. No spark either. I figured what the heck - one more try with the senn.

I got the HD600. I haven't had a long time with them but they are really different than the 555 or 595. They sound sooo much more better. They are open, not muddy, bass is punchy. Wow! Are these Senn's? Yep. I'm just amazed at the difference between the first two senn models - and the HD600.

I'm glad I got these. And I can only imagine how great they'll be after they settle.

Dec 17, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 4
congrats on find a phone that suits you well. I have to say that I've always gone back to the 600s after affairs with other phones. Sometimes I neglect my 600s and even swear at how much better other headphones are, but when I decide to put them (600s) back on, there is this connection that I have with their sound that keeps me comming back to these wonderful phones. Sure they may not have as much detail as other phones and may not have the best treble extension, but they have this elusive quality that keeps me comming back. I think it's because the 600s presents the music with a real lushness and weight that I've yet to hear with any other headphone. They continue to improve and amaze me with each source/ amp upgrade.

Dec 17, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #3 of 4
I have to hand it to you, I don't think I'd ever give a headphone manufacturer a chance at strike three; I would have given up on 'em. Lucky for you it turned out to be a positive experience, and I'm happy for you. Props for sticking to it!

Dec 17, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by xcodeguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was so dissappointed the first time I tried the HD555. A year later I gave the HD595 a try. No spark either. I figured what the heck - one more try with the senn.

I got the HD600. I haven't had a long time with them but they are really different than the 555 or 595. They sound sooo much more better. They are open, not muddy, bass is punchy. Wow! Are these Senn's? Yep. I'm just amazed at the difference between the first two senn models - and the HD600.

I'm glad I got these. And I can only imagine how great they'll be after they settle.

Yes the 600s are in a different league then the 555 or 595, you should try the 650s next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back