After inserting ER-4 deeper, surprise!
Oct 19, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
3 months??? I took 3 mins to figure it out...maybe i haven't gotten the right seal but it does sound good. Takes 5 sec a ear.

but i thought i was wearing them correctly... so i wasn't trying further... it also sounded "good" - i thought - if this is the ety sound, i like it... but now i'd say ... i LOVE it
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 12:39 PM Post #32 of 32
It took me even longer (1 or 2 years) to get the seal right. So don´t worry, you´re not alone. What I do is: I use the 3-flange tips aund push them slowly to the end of the ear-canal. That is as far as they get. Keep the mouth open during insertion to decrease the pressure buildup. The result is exactly as you described: like a new system.
It could be however that insertion to the end is depending on the shape of the ear-canal and how the hearing elements are located in the ear. So as a rule of thumb: when it hurts stop pressing further, and press extremely slowly when doing so the first time. Applying a little vaseline or similar lubricant is not only helpful for insertion but also increases the bass.
Good luck and listening
UAndy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back