After Getting Alot For Only £46.28 I Am Now A 1,000+ Head-fi'er!
Apr 26, 2008 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
So, 1k posts!

I came here intending to get a replacement for my Cx300's after using them lots one week, and realising the bass was boomy and horrid. I thought i hated bass when i came here, so bought er6i's. Too lean, but loved the detail. £26 they cost me.

Then i was offered compimentary Livewires, when 14, in october last year. I eventually got impressions done in late Febuary, and got them late march! They are great all round! Bass, detail, and comfort, and cool-factor! They cost me £20 for impressions, and £1.58 for shipping of impressions, so £21.58, which equals a grand total of £47.28, i made £1.30 somewhere, leaving the cost of head-fi at only £46.28.

I trialled a super macro 3 amp, thanks to Mark_h, and he let me keep the ALO Cryo mini to mini, which was great of him, and returned the money for the shipping onto his buyer, and shipped it to me originally for free too!

So i have 2 pairs of earphones worth £200 new, and an ALO mini to mini worth a fair bit too! You could say im lucky!

Since then i have also bought a laptop, but would have bought one anyway, as i cant cope without having my PC everywhere!

I am about to buy a Behringer U control to get a clean headphone out of my laptop, and trade my zen vision m for a cowon d2, and buy a 16gb sd card for it, then i will probably sell my ER6i's, and CX300's and build a Cmoy for fun, and see if the difference between amped and unamped is more noticeable with better sources, even with a lesser quality amp, this also gives me an excuse to use the ALO cable Mark_h gave me!

Last of all my LW's may be going back to improve fit. Then i am done until i am a bit older. Remember, im only 15 and have wary parents who watch/worry about my spending!

So, 1000 posts, allready.

Only 500 more then i can have a custom title right? Is that how you get one?

Thanks for reading the above!

Yay, for me!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Matt

Apr 27, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #5 of 10
Never thought of it that way myself, I would guess about $1 per post, If you take into account my turntable, Vinyl / Cd's I've been recommended, better CD player and amp, Speakers, Bigger i-pod ( for lossless), extra hard drive for i-pod, tubes for darkvoice,etc it's down to about $0.01.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back