After a one year hiatus, I'm back on Head-Fi
Oct 25, 2010 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

shomie911

500+ Head-Fier
This place is so hard to stay away from. 
dt880smile.png

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 16
Thanks!

I stumbled across some of my pictures from when CanJam came down to Florida and all the upgrade urges came back. I've gotta get me a Stax system. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 16

Quote:
Thanks!

I stumbled across some of my pictures from when CanJam came down to Florida and all the upgrade urges came back. I've gotta get me a Stax system. 
biggrin.gif

Well you're just in time - Stax has just revamped their whole line up with the 207, 307, 407, 507 and new top of the line model above the SR-007 mk2... at least your wallet had a year to fatten up!

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #7 of 16
Add another one to the list. I've been on a year's hiatus enjoying my system and knuckling down with studies (I'm going into my 3rd university year) and now I'm back to do some serious DIY work. Can't help but notice the big changes around here but the advice and discussion is as good as I remembered and the forum software is, let's be honest, far from the worst I've had to use.

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 16
same here...

got into other hobbies...and 1 gf later.

i m back

good to see some old members still posting and still alive
wink.gif

dunno for how long though i ll be here though....forum has a very conservative tone...cant even swear like i swear in day-to-day conversations or on other forums.

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
dunno for how long though i ll be here though....forum has a very conservative tone...cant even swear like i swear in day-to-day conversations or on other forums.

If you have to swear you can do it creatively. Otherwise swearing is not an option. 

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
YES!!!

Next time mods delete my posts I'm coming after you!

How very nice of you, what about peanut butter instead of xxxx or xxxx or just use another language?

Even better, just do not curse or swear at all.

I prefer mockery, sarcasm and cynical remarks or performative sentences that indicate what you would wish for but have not done yet. Referring to audio gear as bringing forth feces in your ear like Uncle Erik did is also doable in a creative way. You can actually make it an art form and be praised for it. Therefore I wish you the best of luck and may your creativity reward you greatly.

My regards,

Deep Funk

P.S. Quoting from the greats of comedy is quite nice and Billy Connolly's "Reason For Swearing" still makes my day.  

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
How very nice of you, what about peanut butter instead of xxxx or xxxx or just use another language?

Even better, just do not curse or swear at all.

I prefer mockery, sarcasm and cynical remarks or performative sentences that indicate what you would wish for but have not done yet. Referring to audio gear as bringing forth feces in your ear like Uncle Erik did is also doable in a creative way. You can actually make it an art form and be praised for it. Therefore I wish you the best of luck and may your creativity reward you greatly.

My regards,

Deep Funk

P.S. Quoting from the greats of comedy is quite nice and Billy Connolly's "Reason For Swearing" still makes my day.  

I was 100% joking
tongue_smile.gif
, I am quite adapt in many forms of mockery, good sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back