Affordable on ears for work?
Jun 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DrHST

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for an under $50 pair of on ear headphones for work.  Currently using my ety ie6's, which I love, but I'm going through foam tips like crazy.  Not looking to break the bank, read good things here about the Denon AH-P372's, which are over ears, and would prefer a little less isolation in the workplace if possible.  Suggestions much appreciated.

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 8
RE0, Shroom, NE7 and ADDIEM......

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 8
If you want some degree of sound isolation, I recommend the jvc ha-m750. Good sound for the price. ljokerl has a review of them in his multi portable review thread.

If you want no isolation try the venerable koss ksc75. In absolute terms the sound quality is not amazing, but relative to price it is arguably the best value in audio. For the lowly price of $12 you may as well give them a shot just for the heck of it, even if you get something else. Worst comes to worse, just use them in the gym or take them outside to run with.

Jun 17, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Go for the KSC75s, they are excellent work 'phones :)

Jun 18, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 8
The only thing I will say about the KSC-75 in a work environment is that if you have people sitting close to you, they are going to hear what you are listening to unless you keep the volume pretty low.  I used to listen to my KSC-75's at work but once I realized how much sound leaks out to those around me I started looking for something else.  Right now I am using the Phiaton PS210 "half in-ear" buds and they are fantastic.  The PS210's have some isolation with them but I can still hear people around me, the phone ringing etc. and there is pretty much no noise leakage which is a huge plus.  The Phiatons are much more discrete as well which is also a plus in my book.

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Actually I think you had the right idea from the start. The P372s are vastly underrated portables that don't leak much sound out but isolate only a small amount (at least in comparison to IEMs). They are also quite small and light and definitely won't break the bank. If you can stand clip-ons the Yuin G2A are also worth considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back