affordable in ear headphones from amazon?
Mar 9, 2011 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Shawn8864

New Head-Fier
Let me start this off by saying i am no audiophile. I am one of the few people at my high school to expand their headphone choice beyond skullcandy and Beats by Dr Dre. i Had the sennheiser cx500s, and i loved them. While they lasted. I had them for 2 months, and they broke. I am extremely careful with my headphones, but one ear broke for no reason. I got the ultimate ears superfi 3, and i was not impressed. I decided that they didnt sound much better than my ipod headphones. So, now i'm looking for a new pair of in ear headphones. Ive been looking at a few choices, and here are some i have as of right now: Klipsch image s2, sennheiser cx300, bose in ear headphones (yea i know, murder me for thinking about them), brainwavz proalpha and meelec -whatever is the best for under $50-. I'm looking for good in ears for under $50 on amazon. Amazon has some great deals on a ton of headphones.

The bose ones are sold new or $50, and they are originally $80. People say theyre not worth $80, but are they worth $50?

Are cx300 ii as good as cx500?

any other suggestions of headphones under $50 on amazon are appeciated.

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 24
Spend an extra $10 and get the brainwavz m2.  There was a topic EXACTLY like this one a few weeks ago and that was the conclusion.  Meelec headphones are also always a good choice for people with a tight budget.

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 24
ne6 are the only earphones i've heard in that price range that are better than the cx500

actually what music are u into? because the ne6 are basically only good for jazz, some classical, and not so harsh metal.

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 24
Yeah, the CX300 II is def better than the old CX300, better balanced, but still too boomy and muddy despite the improved sparkle in the high end.  The NE-6 is a great sounding phone with nice wide stage, and slightly boomy bass, but that can be toned down a bit if you are not afraid of EQ'ing them down some.  You should also look at the Brainwavz series -- there are several nice options under $75.

HeadDirect/Hifiman RE2 and the new Nuforce NE-700X are options to check as well.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 24
I own MANY IEM'S under $50. To start with, the M6s are great, but in my opinion don't match up to the Head Direct RE2. There is also the Brainwavz Pro Alpha, which I get next week, can't comment on the sound. Supposed to be a great price. The metro.fi 220's by Ultimate Ears/Logitech are GREAT, but $40 for them may be a stretch. See if you can get them for less. The Kicker eb141's are another great option although quite bass heavy, and they have terrible isolation. No one here really seems to be aware of their existence :/

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 24
i know it sounds weird, but idk if im willing to stretch to the $60. and i like heavy metal/ what you would call "screamo", and i rlly like my bass. i had the cx500 and i didnt think the bass overpowered the other tones. Like i said, im no audiophile. i noticed no difference between the superfi 3s and ipod earbuds except the fit. so, would i notice that much of a difference from the cx300 ii and cx500? and btw, are brainwavz alpha close to m2 in terms of sound quality?

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #8 of 24
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-150-iems-compared-jvc-ha-fx700-fad-fi-ba-ss-1964-t-added-02-27
Have you checked this thread out? The rating system makes it really easy to compare headphones, and the reviews themselves are very thorough. Also, a lot of the IEMs listed are available on Amazon. Based on your price range, you might want to check out the Soundmagic PL-50s, as they get consistently good reviews and are available off Amazon
Oops, I forgot the Brainwavz M2, which Amazon also carries

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
so ive added ne6 and pl30 to the list. some1 up there said ne6 are better than cx500 but not good for harsher metal? does that mean less bass?

ne6 and cx500 i find have similar bass, but the cx500 seem to be an overall faster pair of headphones with better instrument separation meaning it can keep up with how fast metal not well but better than the ne6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back