Affordable DAP with available LOD
Mar 24, 2012 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

all thumbs

New Head-Fier
Is the original Sansa Fuse the only affordable, readily available, non-Apple DAP with available line out dock cables? Couldn't determine via search. I love my Clip+ and Galaxy S with VooDoo sound, but would like to get decent portable amp, and that's pointing me toward finding a player with available LOD.

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #2 of 26

Quote:
Is the original Sansa Fuse the only affordable, readily available, non-Apple DAP with available line out dock cables? Couldn't determine via search. I love my Clip+ and Galaxy S with VooDoo sound, but would like to get decent portable amp, and that's pointing me toward finding a player with available LOD.

Just use the Clip+ with the amp. No LOD necessary.

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 26

Quote:
Brick player?
The lego branded MP3 player??

lol I think he means PMPs that are huge. About the only 'portable' player you could use with a DAC would be an Android tablet using an OTG cable or an iPad with the camera connection kit. Even then, the DAC can't draw too much power or it won't work.

About the only consumer players I know of that have LODs would be Sony Walkmans, Sansa Fuze (+) (or View which has long been discontinued), Zune, and iPod.

btw, @all thumbs, why is it that you don't want an iPod? I'm just wondering because if it's iTunes you don't like, just google "iTunes alternatives" and some should come up. I used Sharepod once and quite liked it, although I only used it to import songs from my iPod, but I'm pretty sure you can sync with it as well.

Mar 27, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
Brick player?
The lego branded MP3 player??

No, brick player is a player with big XX size and not really portable, for example: QLS QA-350

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #12 of 26

Quote:
nope....
only a legendary Iriver ihp100 series or brick player can use portable DAC

Not forgetting the Nokia N8

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #14 of 26

Quote:
Can i use a portable DAC with the t51?

It was a response to the topic starters question, why use a LOD if you have a player with Line out on-board?

Also, you don't need to use a DAC with the T51, as it's onboard DAC is quite good and it has a dedicated line out, so a good amp is all you need.

Mar 27, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #15 of 26

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance. But what is DAP and what is LOD?

Digital Audio Player (MP3 player doesn't really cover the load with so many different fileformats. e.g. iPods, Sansa Fuze, Cowon J3 are DAPs)
Line Out Dock (a device or cable to make a line level signal available from a devices 'dock' connector e.g. Fiio L9 is a LOD for iPod, Fiio L6 is a LOD for Sansa Fuze)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back