AEON 2 Closed or ETHER C Closed or ETHER CX?
Mar 31, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #2 of 7
I own Aeon RT Closed and it's amazing. I actually prefer it to my LCD-X in daily use. Never heard the Aeon 2 but DMS recently posted a video and ranked it number 1 in his headphones list. Form factor and all things considered i suggest "Aeon 2 Noir"

Mar 31, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 7
If you have the Ether-C Flows no reason for the CX as they have I believe the same drivers as the original C’s and not flows. Haven’t heard the 2’s yet but definitely would take my Ether-C’s over the Aeon closed.

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #4 of 7
Yeah I seriously doubt the Aeon 2 or CX would be an upgrade over your C Flow.
From what I understand the CX is basically a very similar model to the original close back Ether headphones. Basically your C Flows without the wave guide baffle and maybe different foam insulation within the cup but still the same driver. When it comes to the Aeons I wasn't much of a fan of the glued on weird shape pads that will be difficult to change and upgrade years later down the line. I've owned both the Flow and the original Aeon and I would pick the Flow any day.

Apr 2, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 7
I have the Ether C Flow (originally an Ether C upgraded to the Flow) and the Aeon 2 Closed. I use the ECF at home while the wife watches TV and the A2C when we travel (once we ever do that again). The ECF sound better, as you would expect.

The A2C are smaller and easier to pack for a trip but there's a reason they cost half as much as the ECF. That said, when I'm using the A2C I don't feel like I'm missing much. They have a slight bass lift that's a lot of fun but the upper mids/treble clarity doesn't match the ECF. You already have the better headphone of the two.

I've never listened to the CX. If as Old Dirty Puppy says above they are similar to the original EC then they would be bass-light enough to pay for the upgrade to the Flow, as I did, which fixed that problem. All IMHO, of course.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #6 of 7
I have both (CX A2C) and I'm keeping Aeon 2C. More engaging and sweeter mids on A2C among other refinements...there is this thing with CX where you think they are just fine until you try them after another headphone...there is something lacking in the mids...and Aeon2 is the latest iteration of the house tech also...it's nimble, not boxy, and does not have bass bloom....very clean fairly balanced audiophile sound...it does not have the weighty impact or unique layering of the likes of XC...but that layering on XC is in part due to the recess on mids...
I find XC and A2C are complementary and A2C I even wear it outside if I go for long walks (quiet area LOL) - must look like an alien with 2 huge red teardrop cups on sides of my head.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back