AE Shipping discussion thread
Sep 17, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #31 of 43
Hey, if I want to return something to a seller on AE, I have launched the dispute and they said ok send it back.
Then it says I have 10 days to update the tracking number. But does anyone know if I have to actually get it back to the seller within 10 days?
If so that would cost like $60 and would still make my $200 refund worthwhile. But I'd rather just spend 20 and get something with tracking.

i don't know what you mean. when i've had to return back something, seller has always paid the shipping costs, after sending him the photo of the ticket i got in the post office. he previously asked me to use the most economical shipping method (i.e., no tracking, no certified).
if the item you are returning back, specifies in its page that buyer would pay the back shipping fees, then you should be able to choose the shipping way. if you don't trust the seller, then you should use tracking shipping (more expensive), to ensure to know when the package arrives to the seller. but that would cost about $23, if you use first-class package international service, instead of $60 from priority mail. if seller asks you the tracking number in 10 days maximum (what a finicky seller you are dealing with, by the way), just post the package (post officer will give you the tracking number) and send the tracking number to the seller, before 10 days pass.

Edit: oops, if you send from Canada, they ask you $54 for delivery confirmation, instead of $22 (small packet). use small packet, take a photo of the ticket, and send it to the seller. if he wants a tracking number, ask him for the $32 difference, and use tracked packet instead.

Sep 25, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #33 of 43
So I go to return a product from an AE dispute where the 230 dollar iem was garbage.
Because I ordered blindly and wanted to be the first to try them out and be the hero.
So I opened up the dispute, shipped them back but the cheapest to China with tracking from Canada
Was 50 dollars and will take about 6 weeks to arrive. I could have gone with 80 dollars and would have taken one week.
In fact I should have gone with the 80 dollar one week because then my refund would probably have been a sure thing. With the 6 week shipping I have no idea what will happen. After 30 days I'll get my money back unless the seller makes a claim? I don't really understand what this means but anyways, long story short it's a nightmare, don't wanna go through this again. 50 dollars to return an item? 80 dollars to properly return an item. The worst

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #34 of 43
  Yup. Singapore Post sucks. Everything takes 3 weeks to a month to get to the U.S.
blink.gif

I am actually pretty happy things take about four weeks to get to Canada with SP. When using Aliexpress Standard Shipping, the shipping time is much longer.

Mar 12, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #35 of 43
A seller wants me to cancel my dispute so he can extend the shipping time 10 more days to let the product arrive. If it doesn't arrive, can I open another dispute or are you only allowed one dispute per product?

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #36 of 43
  A seller wants me to cancel my dispute so he can extend the shipping time 10 more days to let the product arrive. If it doesn't arrive, can I open another dispute or are you only allowed one dispute per product?

It depends of how long the delivery is being delayed, the tracking information, the price of the item, and the trustful in the seller.

My last experience related to yours:
Ordered on November the 11th, AliExpress Standard Shipping (16-26 days estimated), 60 days protection.
Before January the 11th (near 60 days passed), I opened the dispute. Seller showed me a tracking info which wasn't showed at aliexpress page, asked me to cancel the dispute and to wait. I got same doubt as yours: I didn't close the dispute.
At February the 7th, Aliexpress full refunded to me.
At February the 9th, I received the package (near 100 days passed since order date). One item was missing (the most expensive one). So I didn't contact with the seller to pay again for the items which arrived at last.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #37 of 43
I think it's one dispute per. Once you close it you're screwed.
If you get your money back after 60 days then it shows up for can
always just pay again. And when you do go to pay, the seller will magically
be able to speak English. The opposite is true if you msg about a refund.
This isnt true for all sellers Ali sellers of course, some have great customer service.
But asking you to close a dispute is not customer service, sellers call that "Seller Protection".

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #38 of 43
I think it's one dispute per. Once you close it you're screwed.
But asking you to close a dispute is not customer service, sellers call that "Seller Protection".

Thanks, I kind of thought the seller was trying to screw me. He said cancel the dispute and I'll extend the shipping 10 days. Maybe I made the fault. I should have asked him first. I'm a newbie, what can I say?

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #39 of 43
Buying is easy, every AE seller calls you his friend and is super dandy until you pay. After-sales is a nightmare.

One time, the seller sent me the wrong cable (MMCX although I specifically asked for 2-pin) and I asked for a refund. He asked for EMS with tracking but for me to pay the postage first. He will only refund me the cable amount and postage after receiving it. He kept his promise but I didn't like the idea of paying first for his mistake.

Another one was worse, an earbud had a loose driver and vibrations were heard when playing loud music. I asked for an exchange, however the seller insisted that I reproduce the defect via YouTube video. I pressed with my phone mic against the earbud, and played the bassiest music I could find. I could hear the vibrations in the uploaded video (albeit at full volume), but he claimed he did not hear anything. This went back and forth and I made 3 videos with even more bassy music at max volume (I wasn't worried at all about driver damage at that point). Each time he said the same thing. Pointing out the ridiculousness of the exercise, he would feign innocence "my friend I'm trying to help you", and would not allow me to send them back. I gave up.

These two bad experiences were enough for me to lay off AE sellers and earbuds forever. Not to mention the month-long wait for anything I order.

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #40 of 43
  Buying is easy, every AE seller calls you his friend and is super dandy until you pay. After-sales is a nightmare.

These two bad experiences were enough for me to lay off AE sellers and earbuds forever. Not to mention the month-long wait for anything I order.

Who were these sellers? It's probably best for other members to be wise of them and to be cautious...

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #41 of 43
  Who were these sellers? It's probably best for other members to be wise of them and to be cautious...

Answered via pm. One of them is banned here which is probably a good thing.

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #43 of 43
  Are you still buying headphones? Did you find that ear bud consumerism is a bit of a waste of time? I feel that way. (I prefer listening methods that don't leak as much sound.)

Been talking about temporary retirement for the last 6 months haha. Hopefully this year I can go through with it. I have everything I need.

Earbuds are definitely not for me. I'm too OCD for them. Push it in rather than let it rest on my ears and bass quantity increases. I'll be like which sound is what the manufacturer intended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back