Advice: Sell a HE60+HEV70 ?
May 4, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #17 of 29
You should sell them to me for a low LOW price- PM me
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the HEV70 isn't as bad as people suggest. it is suitable enough for the HE60. the HE60 will improve with a better amp, but all headphones do that.

I agree. As long as it does not hum, it's not so bad. Besides, its exterior design is absolutely gorgeous, but that's me. Beautiful lines, colors and forms.

May 4, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the HEV70 isn't as bad as people suggest. it is suitable enough for the HE60. the HE60 will improve with a better amp, but all headphones do that.

Agreed. They sound amazing straight out of the HEV70. I took them to a meet here in Ohio, and just about everyone was downright amazed. The only caveat for most people was that the bass was a bit light.

I'm sure they sound better out of a great amp, but they sound damn good out of the HEV70.

May 5, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #21 of 29
Vasco,

These questions only come up in a HE60 owner's mind if they've allowed life to remove them for too long from regularly listening to their HE60s (IMHO).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vascovaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a HE60 plus it´s HEV70 amp...my question is simple: should I sell the electrostatic combo?

My answer is simple. No.

Quote:

What you would do in my position?

Use the electrostatics more regularly so you don't forget just how absolutely special they are.

Quote:

If I sell it I, in some sense, will lose this "classic" piece of Sennheiser history.

You'll lose a whole lot more than that.

Go get your favourite album, put it on your best player, running though your best ICs and l-i-s-t-e-n once again.

My guess is you'll be listening for so long we'll be wondering if you remember this thread even exists.

May 5, 2009 at 6:12 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

I sell it I could make some money to compensate the HD800 buy

perhaps you havent been keeping tabs but if your set is in good condition you could pay for said HD800 and have cash to spare.
wink.gif

May 5, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #23 of 29
Thank you all for your replies .... bottom line is: don´t sell it. Well I must say that I enjoy the set and it is in pristine condition ... as new .... , still I have no cash to buy the upcoming HD 800 !!! Now I dream of a HD800+Lehmann Linear Cube ..... so much "serious" problems in my head !!.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Once again ... thank you for your opinions.

Vasco

May 6, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #25 of 29
That is easier said than done. It's very hard to find something that you can use as a female HE60 plug. Nobody makes the adapters (semi-)professionally anymore and if they do, they're $200. Second hand the prices are not much lower I believe. Personally, I'm not willing to pay that much for a little adapter. However, I can understand why they're so expensive. It's very tough to make one.

May 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #27 of 29
I would not sell the HE60/HEV70 combo.
At least not until you have auditioned a HD800 and made up your own mind about which one you prefer. Cause if you end up regretting its not easy to find another HE60/HEV70 system..

May 15, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #29 of 29
I agree with the others, do not sell the HE60/HEV70. Keep it and save your money for an HD800, or sell it only after you get to hear the HD800 side by side with the HE60 and decide you like it more.

I am keeping mine forever, although my HE60 have had a Stax plug installed on the stock cable and I use the HE60 on a Woo GES amp (I also have an adapter to let me plug stax plugs into the HEV70 so I can still use it). I think the HEV70 still does a decent job with the HE60, although I do not like the HEV70 with any of my other headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back