Advice on purchasing headphones for my kid
Nov 29, 2011 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DallyFan

New Head-Fier
I have an 11 yr old son who wants the Dr Dre beats ferrari headphones for Christmas.  From the little research I've done it looks like they may be over priced for what you get and lots of fakes out there too.

He wants them to listen to music on his itouch.  Being an 11 year old, he is looking for style, hence the Dr Dre beats (kids).  Any recommendations for quality stylish headphones for less than $100.00. Maybe something that would include a case to put them in?  Thanks.

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
I have an 11 yr old son who wants the Dr Dre beats ferrari headphones for Christmas.  From the little research I've done it looks like they may be over priced for what you get and lots of fakes out there too.

He wants them to listen to music on his itouch.  Being an 11 year old, he is looking for style, hence the Dr Dre beats (kids).  Any recommendations for quality stylish headphones for less than $100.00. Maybe something that would include a case to put them in?  Thanks.

Vmoda M80's?

They'll survive a kid. They look good. And they actually sound good.

Very best,

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 9
CALs (Creative Aurvana Live).

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #5 of 9
Can't think of any stylish and good quality under $100.  In the $150ish range theres Skullcandy Aviators, Vmoda crossfades M80 (as Maxvalue already mentioned), Phaiton MS400.

If you want to hold off on a more expensive purchase, I bought these two for my son and he has been very happy with both.
Philips "The Stretch" - very good deal at newegg right now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138112

Panasonic RP-HTF600
Least fashionable, however, they sound great for their price.
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HTF600-S-Stereo-Headphones/dp/B004MMEI8W

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #7 of 9
You're right about the sound quality and his age.  But I do want them that has descent sound.  From a quality stand point, I wasnt very clear.  I meant something that can hold up to a kid knocking them around.  I don't want to buy something that falls apart quickly. Thanks for the advice to everyone.

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 9
Sturdyness would be something like a Sennheiser HD25-1 (not sure what the go for any longer) and the sound is very decent as well. Stylewise hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back