Advice on IEMs: Any that can rival my LCD-2.2s unamped for $500?
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tonality8

New Head-Fier
I've been lurking the forums for quite some time now, and decided to finally make a profile and seek out the advice of the community to set me on the right track.

I'm looking for a pair of IEMs to use at work that will be driven by an iPod classic. Do to my work environment, I will be unable to bring in an amp of any kind, so I'm limited in what I can drive. I listen primarily to Rock and Electronica, and occasionally Classical, Hip-Hop and Pop. I have limited experience with full-sized headphones, and absolutely none with IEMs, but I can tell you that I love the way my LC2.2s sound, and don't like my HE500s that much - I find them too fatiguing and lacking in bass quantity. Since I'll be working while listening to these, I won't be doing any analytical listening.

I'm looking for something pleasant to listen to with an Audeze style sound signature, and was hoping to spend around $500. Any suggestions out there? I had been considering Shure 535s and Westone 4Rs, but maybe that's not the right choice...

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #2 of 2
Just realized that the title of this thread might be a little misleading. I run my LCD 2.2s off a Lyr. I'm not looking for something that replicates their sound when unamped. Its the IEMs that will need to be unamped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back