Advice on AGPTek MP3 Players
May 1, 2018 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Buzko

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking for an mp3 player to replace my Sandisk Clip Sport, whose screen has started to die. I like the form factor, durability and battery life a lot, but don't like the startup time (especially as it recatalogs the whole player again every time it turns on) and overall responsiveness.

I need to be able to lock the buttons. I want a screen, preferably that's not in tiny print and is visible in daylight. I don't care about seeing album art, but want the option to see more than one line of text at once. I don't need Bluetooth. I miss the Sansa Clip Plus etc, but realise they're not coming back. Most of my collection is in mp3; playing other formats (including Audible) is a nice to have but not essential.

I'm interested in AGPTek's line of players, particularly the Rockbox-capable Rocker, but that one doesn't have the sort of battery life I want. I like that they actually reached out to Rockbox to make it, and seem to respond online to comments and questions about their products. I am a bit bewildered by their range, particularly that they have multiple players which seem to fit the same niche. For example, the A26 or G05S or A12 look very similar to me, basically identical to the Clips - what are the differences, and which one is the latest one? The G05S claims "Easy Navigation,no any hassle by confusing operation", but the others don't - have people had problems with the other ones?

Likewise, I don't really understand the differences between the M28, A20BS and A02, beyond cosmetics - again, is there a latest model?

Thanks in advance,

Buzko

Users who are viewing this thread

Back