Advice needed. Want to shift from Bose IE2
Dec 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

abhas

New Head-Fier
I had Bose IE2 n i really liked its bass and sound quality but lost it a week ago. Suggest me some decent IEM of same range (80-120$) having similar sound.
I have heard a lot about Klipsch S4i. Are they good?

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 6
Brainwavz M2 will beat the heck out of the IE2s for $60.

They have a similarly shaped warm, dark, and bassy sound but are much different in that the bass is very detailed and the mids are much smoother and slightly more forward. I can't say much about the highs because although the IE2s lack in detail, the M2s are slightly recessed and lack sparkle and extension. 

I have owned (owned, returned after 3 days with burn in) the S4s (not s4i), which are basically the S4is but without the mic/headset functionality and phone compatibility. They gave a very "V" shaped sound. There was overemphasized bass and a big hole where the midrange is supposed to be. The highs felt extremely fatiguing and gritty or raspy. Sure, there was detail but I couldn't cope with it, having to takes breaks from the sheer fatigue of hearing such bright sounds. 

I reccomend the M2s much more. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
Bose sucks, but if you like them ive got some very audiophile friendly Bose OE's at a very reasonable price.

Love the relevant advertising.

As far as the S4 goes, I didn't really like them. Very sibilant and overall unbalanced. Definitely more of a "U" shape than a "V" shape, the latter of which I'm fine with. I think the best ~$100 IEM I've heard is the Monster Turbine. They'll have plenty of bass for your liking without the sibilance of the S4. If you want lots of bass, coming from Bose, you may like the ATH-CKS70s. Those have TONS of bass
eek.gif
. Too much for me, but I'm trying to go off of IEMs I've heard or own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back