Advice Needed: To Touch or not?
Oct 11, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even with all the features and functions there WAS a noticeable difference in SQ - otherwise I'd have it still & my other players would be funding my search for a sweet case or lod>amp combo!
L3000.gif

Wow you returned it? After seeing your post on the touch quality thread, didn't think you would because it had nice channel separation.

PSP is definitely better for games. I'm actually going to put my PSP on the market that my x got me last year (or was it the year before..). It's the version where you can install the firmware to play the dled games.

Oct 11, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #17 of 19
Guess that's why there are so many POVs on Head-Fi. I got the Touch and after several bouts of listening today with my Sony, Zune and Clip, I say the Touch holds its own. Others disagree, no doubt. But I also am in the process of converting some DVDs over to mp4, for Touch/Zune viewing. I like them both. I may clear a ton of space on the Zune and use it as a movie machine and then use the Touch as some video, but mostly music (for sitting while viewing, as in travel, etc.). But stick with the Sony and Clip as walkaround machines. I do like the wifi, though, and our city has tons of it available. So to me, the touch sound with the Image X10s and the Sleeks is very, very close to the Sony/Zune/Clip triad.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #18 of 19
TBH the SQ is still pretty solid, I just won't use it for what it was intended. My main goal was to have 1 device as my portable entertainment system - it's close. I can't say the Touch is a bad player, just the opposite. It was just not for me. I don't like touch-screen players as much. Having this made me realize this. I don't use my D2 as often cause the touch screen is kinda' annoying to me. Prefer tactile I guess - didn't realize this as much till I started typing this post. If I had to rate the Touch as a whole I'd give it a solid 9.0!!!! My other players, as a whole, top @7.0 MAX!!! For SQ I personally give it an 8.0. If I didn't have these other players I might not be as biased - but the touch UI would still be an issue for me though!!!

Oct 12, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #19 of 19
I think it still depends on your use.

For me, I would trade off the sound quality for the extra functionality of the touch.

And to be honest, I do not think touch is all that bad sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back