Advice for glasses wearers.
Nov 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #16 of 23
I've never had a comfort issue with circumaural headphones. I hardly notice my glasses are there. In fact, having glasses might actually help in the soundstage.
dt880smile.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm ur avatar just reminded me of how awesome the cowboy bebop soundtrack was - im gonna start a cowboy bebop marathon now
smily_headphones1.gif

I love the Tank! theme.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #17 of 23
Acquire AKG K1000...
wink.gif

I wear classes and so far (1 1/2 years) never had an issue with them interfering with my glasses. Never had issues with the soft earpads of the Stax SR-007BL either.

Nov 7, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #18 of 23
These threads always amazes me.

Look at the headphones in my sig. None of those or any headphones I have otherwise heard I have had any issues with my glasses. And I have owned three pair glasses during that time period.

You just lift the scalms over the headphone ear cups problem solved. There is no pressure anywhere and at least my headphones still stay on my nose
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You big girlies. I walked for 3 miles with a broken foot didn't hurt that much.

Walk? Try tap dancing the entire three miles with two broken feet and no shoes to tap dance with. I did.

Anyway, glasses? I just shove them behind there and I just got used to it after a while. Or I just took them off. Or use IEMs.

Nov 7, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #22 of 23
I find that the HD650 and HD800 are comfortable with big thick spectacle frames. I have been successful perching the temples of the frames on top of my ears while wearing the ESW10.

I have yet to be comfortable with the HF2 without removing my glasses.

The smooth leather on the W5000 can be microphonic with my glasses, and the sound is a lot better when I take them off because the seal is better.

So.... when I need to wear my glasses, I use the Senns, or IEMs.

Nov 7, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #23 of 23
WEAR THE SCALMS ON TOP OF YOUR EAR PADS FOR GOD SAKE!

Report back what potential issues you have with that solution.
So many goes over the bridge over water. Use contact lenses, iems, specific headphones? Cut the ear pads so the calms fit inside the headphones or whatever. Why doesn´t the above solution work for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back