Advice for cheap IEM's
Jun 23, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
The HA-FX40 is very good, but some complain it is too bright. The Panasonic RP-HJE355 has around the same level of detail, but has more moderate treble and a slightly warmer sound overall.

Never knew about the Panasonics.  I'll have to check those out.  For the JVC's, I agree with the brightness but it gets down to a level that's enjoyable after a good burn period.  

Quote:
Guys, I've found someone selling Vsonic GR06 but costs almost twice as the Dunu Trident.

Dunu Trident = $35
Vsonic GR06 = $60

Now, between the two, are their difference that big? I can super stretch to Vsonic GR06 if the add is really worth it.

BTW, Thanks for all your replies. 
atsmile.gif

EDIT: Forgot to mention, no signs of JVC HA-FX40 here, sorry. I kinda liked the way they looked too. 
frown.gif

I've never heard the GR06 but I'm a believer in Vsonics.  I currently own the GR99 and I find it absolutely fantastic for its price.  I've owned the Trident, Ares and Haphaes and favored the Trident over the other two by a good margin.  IMO, I don't think you're making a bad choice with either but the Trident is a good bargain at that price.  

Jun 23, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:
I've never heard the GR06 but I'm a believer in Vsonics.  I currently own the GR99 and I find it absolutely fantastic for its price.  I've owned the Trident, Ares and Haphaes and favored the Trident over the other two by a good margin.  IMO, I don't think you're making a bad choice with either but the Trident is a good bargain at that price.  

I see, I was just blown away with the accessories that the GR06 have and made me think about it.

Hey, I see that you own a SoundMagic E30. Can you compare them with the Trident and give your impressions about them? I'm just worried about the clarity of the trident, they say that E30 has more clarity. But I think any other IEM's would be an upgrade for me since I've been using a pair of crappy IEM's. If it is ok with you though, It'll be a great help for me. Thanks. 
atsmile.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

I see, I was just blown away with the accessories that the GR06 have and made me think about it.

Hey, I see that you own a SoundMagic E30. Can you compare them with the Trident and give your impressions about them? I'm just worried about the clarity of the trident, they say that E30 has more clarity. But I think any other IEM's would be an upgrade for me since I've been using a pair of crappy IEM's. If it is ok with you though, It'll be a great help for me. Thanks. 
atsmile.gif

If my memory is correct, the E30 might have the upper hand in clarity but I wouldn't think it's by a huge margin.  The Trident has bigger bass but I really enjoyed the bass of the Trident.  The E30 is better balanced and might be considered a technically better phone.  I've actually owned the E30's twice now, so it ranks pretty high in my opinion.  If the price is similar, the E30 might be a safer choice.  Honestly, all the ones you've mentioned about purchasing are quite good at their price points.  I would just pick which sound preference fits you the most out of those few and go with it.  I really think you've narrowed it down to some good ones.  I hope whatever you choose, ends up to your liking.  

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #19 of 24
The tridents have strength in bass for a budget earpiece. The GR06 is very good for mids, but the bass is as good as the tridents as well. I personally believe it is worth stretching your budget. Especially if you like over ear design, gives you better isolation and for some, better comfort.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #20 of 24
My relatives came back a day earlier the said ETA and surprised me with Brainwavs M1. I'm very sorry for the questions I've asked and the time you spent on answering them. 
frown.gif

They chose M1's because of the shop manager's recommendation. Well, I'm not really disappointed with the sound, I love how they are detailed and the sound separation is great, though the bass could be better. Maybe I just need to burn them in. But, I really want those Trident's or the GR06. 
frown.gif

Well, thank you guys for the help, even though it became useless. Sorry. 
frown.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:
My relatives came back a day earlier the said ETA and surprised me with Brainwavs M1. I'm very sorry for the questions I've asked and the time you spent on answering them. 
frown.gif

They chose M1's because of the shop manager's recommendation. Well, I'm not really disappointed with the sound, I love how they are detailed and the sound separation is great, though the bass could be better. Maybe I just need to burn them in. But, I really want those Trident's or the GR06. 
frown.gif

frown.gif

[size=10.0pt]xLeira, M1 can sound different (warmer) if you use the Sony Hybrid tips. IMHO, the SQ of M1 is better than Tridents in terms of clarity, separation and details. My cousin has a pair of Tridents, their sound is rather laid back and loose for me. And I share Dannybai's sentiments about E30, it is definitely [/size][size=10.0pt]a technically better pair of IEM when compared to Tridents. And [/size][size=10.0pt]of course GR06 is in a higher league, technically superior than M1 and E30.  [/size]

Jun 23, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

[size=10.0pt]xLeira, M1 can sound different (warmer) if you use the Sony Hybrid tips. IMHO, the SQ of M1 is better than Tridents in terms of clarity, separation and details. My cousin has a pair of Tridents, their sound is rather laid back and loose for me. And I share Dannybai's sentiments about E30, it is definitely [/size][size=10.0pt]a technically better pair of IEM when compared to Tridents. And [/size][size=10.0pt]of course GR06 is in a higher league, technically superior than M1 and E30.  [/size]

Are the Sony Hybrid tips the ones they use in their present IEM's? My previous IEM's was their Sony Piiq Qlasp and I prefer their tips than the M1's tips. I also used the Comply foam tips that came along with the M1's but I guess I'm not into foam tips.

I see, if it's more detailed than the Trident then it might not be a bad purchase after all. 
atsmile.gif
 I was already thinking about my next upgrade and I'm choosing between the M2 or the GR06, I might choose the GR06 though for a different sound signature and it's lovely accessories.

Jun 24, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
frown.gif

frown.gif

frown.gif

That's Good...

They could have surprised you, While you were haven a party.

Parents, er um, I mean relatives... Sheezs

LOLz, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back