Advice for cheap IEM's
Jun 22, 2012 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

xLeira

Head-Fier
Guys, my colorful Sony IEM's just retired and I need a new one for portable use. I'm new to the IEM world so I really need some recommendations. I've read a whole lot of threads and still can't decide on one. Unfortunately, I already need to choose a specific model until the next day so I'm gonna need your cooperation about this.

I listen to all kinds of music so I think I need all-rounder IEM's. I dont really care much about the bass but I want my sound to be detailed(if this helps). My budget is $30-$40 but I can stretch up to $50 if needed. My sound source would be a iPod Shuffle. No amps. 

Lastly, I would like to choose one of the following IEM's since shipping from outside my country would definitely contradict the word "cheap".

These are the available IEM's from a local store:

• Mee M9
    • Mee M6
    • SoundMagic PL11
    • SoundMagic PL30
    • SoundMagic E10
    • SoundMagic E30
    • Brainwavs Alpha Black
    • Brainwavs Beta
    • Brainwavs M1
    • Superlux HD381's
    • Dunu Trident
    • Dunu Hades

I'm leaning towards Mee M6 and SoundMagic PL30. They are backed with nice reviews.

Hoping for your recommendations/advice. Thank you. 
atsmile.gif

EDIT: Added more options.

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 24
no Soundmagic E30???

what about Dunu, contact them and they will help you, Dunu DN12 Trident is one of my favourite sub 50 IEM's

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #4 of 24
i say Dunu trident, excellent build quality, great sound.

the E30 is better than the PL30, but has a fairly balanced sound signaure

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:
i say Dunu trident, excellent build quality, great sound.

the E30 is better than the PL30, but has a fairly balanced sound signaure

I've read that Dunu Trident lacks clarity next to the E10 or E30. I really like the looks on the Dunu, but I prefer sound quality over looks. Does the difference between their clarity that obvious? By the way, I want my sound to be analytical or detailed, sorry forgot to mention it. Adding it up for future readers.

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #6 of 24
They should have enough detail. But for more analytical I say E30 or if you can afford them PL50. The build quality of the trident is a big plus though

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #7 of 24
Quote:
They should have enough detail. But for more analytical I say E30 or if you can afford them PL50. The build quality of the trident is a big plus though

Yeah, and I really like those looks too. So in case if the Trident is out of stock, I'd get the E30 then? Can I get a third recommendation(among the list) in case the E30 is out of stock too?(Just in case) Happened many times to me when I'm set to buying a certain model and tells me they're out of stock when I'm already there. Sadly, I've already asked them about PL50 but they don't sell them.

Thanks for helping me by the way. 
atsmile.gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #8 of 24
no problem, thats what im here for.

hope you like the E30

Jun 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #12 of 24
Guys, I too wanted those Vsonics but unfortunately, I am very limited with these options since ordering outside my country would definitely be more expensive than the IEM's themselves. Sorry to disappoint you. 
frown.gif

Jun 22, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #14 of 24
The HA-FX40 is very good, but some complain it is too bright. The Panasonic RP-HJE355 has around the same level of detail, but has more moderate treble and a slightly warmer sound overall.

Jun 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #15 of 24
Guys, I've found someone selling Vsonic GR06 but costs almost twice as the Dunu Trident.

Dunu Trident = $35
Vsonic GR06 = $60

Now, between the two, are their difference that big? I can super stretch to Vsonic GR06 if the add is really worth it.

BTW, Thanks for all your replies. 
atsmile.gif

EDIT: Forgot to mention, no signs of JVC HA-FX40 here, sorry. I kinda liked the way they looked too. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back