ADVICE APPRECIATED!!
Jun 28, 2014 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

altomite

New Head-Fier
Just recently started with this obsession and want to get a moderately- priced amp and dac to use with my headphone collection topped by the Beyer 990 pro-250.  Received but returned Fiio E11 and E07k due to loose connectivity issues.  Am debating between the Fiio E17 comb. amp/dac and the Schiit Magni/Modi comb. for roughly $100.00 more.  Any recommendations, suggestions welcome; thank you!

Jun 28, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 3
  Just recently started with this obsession and want to get a moderately- priced amp and dac to use with my headphone collection topped by the Beyer 990 pro-250.  Received but returned Fiio E11 and E07k due to loose connectivity issues.  Am debating between the Fiio E17 comb. amp/dac and the Schiit Magni/Modi comb. for roughly $100.00 more.  Any recommendations, suggestions welcome; thank you!

yes try the Schiit Modi and Vali combo, the Vali sounds wonderful with the DT 990 

In addition the Little Dot 1+ also sounds good with the DT 990, the differance is the Schiit does not allow for tube rolling or fun experimentation as some call it and rings when u first start it up [tubes need about a minuete or two to come to temp for best sound so chances are you won't hear it]

the Little Dot 1+ however is nice for rolling tubes, but tube rolling can get expensive, and the stock tubes don't sound too good... they aren't bad but ....

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 3

I have the modi/magni combo and think they sound great.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back