Advice about using my Sennheiser HD595 on my computer. (sundcard, amplifier etc)
Oct 16, 2004 at 2:10 PM Post #16 of 22
Yes good point there dknightd.

I listed the Total BitHead as an alternative when starting the thread. It has gotten many good reviews.

...thinking hard....

I will ask the guys at HeadRoom about this.

Oct 16, 2004 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 22
The BitHead's DAC is only average quality. It's better than the DACs used in most computer's onboard audio but I'd imagine an EMU 0404 would blow it away. Also, the amp section is the same as the AirHead, and that's roughly somewhere inbetween a CMOY and a PIMETA. For the price you can do better, unless you need a decent external DAC/amp combo.

NOTE: I don't have any experience with the BitHead, but this is the rough consensus on it here on Head-Fi.

Oct 16, 2004 at 4:40 PM Post #18 of 22
Thanks for input Mr.Radar.
PIMETA vs Headsave classic?

I see you are getting an Headsave Classic, maybe this is a good option for me, what parts would you include? about $ 200

......on a HD595 and emu 0404 system

Oct 16, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 22
daphexb,

I own a JMT portable pimeta and I really love it. It is a fabulous little amp and I highly recommend it. Check with JMT about the demos because he doesn't always have them available. He told me yesterday that he does not currently have any for sale, although he does have some demos out currently which I assume will be returned to him at some point.

I am actually selling mine on the forums now (because I upgraded to an SR-71), but I am not sure if the additional shipping costs would make this still worthwhile for you. I wouldn't be able to cover shipping outside the US.

Anyway, I don't think you could go wrong with either a pimeta or headsave.

Good luck,
dshea

Oct 16, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #20 of 22
For interconnects, private message to MixterX or other member in head-fi to make you a one. The cost wont be that much, those are a must. You don't want the cables to be your limiting factor :p

Oct 16, 2004 at 8:16 PM Post #21 of 22
Thanks to dshea_32665 and phamducduc
smily_headphones1.gif

I am thinking that anything from the US will be worth shipping here. For example a emu 0404 is $ 185 here!!

I will be getting cables yes, making sure of that! Thanks for tip on MisterX.

So now I am thinking: Getting a emu 0404, and a headsave classic with some additional parts.

What parts to include on the headsave?

I have already sent a mail to headsave about it, but it would be nice to hear it from you helpful and just great!! people here on the forum
orphsmile.gif

Oct 20, 2004 at 7:52 AM Post #22 of 22
Hello everyone
smily_headphones1.gif

In my quest for audio pleasure I have come this far:

Ordered my HD595's

About to order e-mu 0404

About to order the Headsave Classic with the AD8620

Norm at Headsave is getting me the cables to connect my soundcard to the Headsave. Since I couldn't find the cables in my town he suggested that he could order them for me, which I gladly agreed to. Then the day after he had some happy news, he was able to get cables for half the price, the same quality, if not better. Wow, great
lambda.gif

Norm has the best customer service I have ever experienced! I can recommend him to anyone!

I can't wait until the equipment arrives!
600smile.gif

Thanks to everyone who has made a post in my thread
eggosmile.gif
I'll use the forum as much as I can hereafter, I find it very worthwhile using it!

I will also post my experience with my equipment. Guessing it will be a very big difference to my old HD465 connected to some crappy pc speaker amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back